Jump to content

eatV8

Member
  • Posts

    951
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by eatV8

  1. Does unichip or Xede allow for different maps to be selected on the fly? I know the TurboXS (Sydney based) u-tec which is very popular over here in the USA for WRX/STi and EVO have an optional switch that lets you choose between different maps without a laptop. Is pretty good, can have a map for times you can get your regular petrol, then other maps for C16 etc... Best of all it has Valet mode! It is something like keeps revs to 3500-4000rpm then induces a rev limiter, a top speed of around 50-60km/h and wont boost over 6psi or so... I have wondered why TurboXS dont get into the XR6T tuning game. They make some decent stuff.
  2. Haha, the Ferrari in your post would of light up too if you spelt it right
  3. MoTeC is king! Easily one of, if not "the" best standalone computer availible to the general public. Expessially when the $ is considered.
  4. that's Tops! A compeditor for the Merc/McLaren SLR
  5. eatV8

    xr8 chip

    I believe I have seen someone post results of a Unichipped XR8 also... pick your brand of choice
  6. eatV8

    1000hp

    Dr Z, What you know that we don't? You seem to have lost your objectivity yet again. Quick to praise APS, quick to knock others. No one besides Nizpro currently knows the full attributes of the power delivery. I do have some information, and it is nothing quite like one would normally expect. Brian I wouldn't expect the power delivery to much different to the Nizpro stage 3 kit. I mean 1000hp at the engine would be about 750hp at the wheels, the stage is good for about 500rwhp and mainly because the turbo runs out of flow. So you would need a bigger turbo, better exhaust manifold some higher lift/longer duration cams to suit and maybe some head porting. Taking into account that the engine would presumably be running on a motec, which would help the lag of the bigger turbo, I think you would find the power delivery to be very good.... also I think that all those APS flag wavers should be issued with a little APS flag icon under their name so we all know to ignore their comments on anything other then an APS product Dave. I would think a 4.0ltr engine with a big turbo will have no problems being drivable. There is very drivable 3.0ltr Supras, drivable 2.6ltr GT-R's that put out that much hp. Can't wait to see final specs etc on this engine APS V Nispro is just awesome in my eyes. Some of the debates on this board about it get out of hand but in general, look at it... without Nispro would APS keep pushing the limits of the engine as fast as they are and vice versa? Makes a win win situation for the public to me
  7. M3 has side vents, so does the new V10 M5... Mercedes SL65 has them...
  8. What I was gonna say, subtle but awesome! Nice look...
  9. This guy is very creative, but is seriously demented or on something... [ enjoy... Not acceptable content for our WEB site.
  10. eatV8

    BORED?!

    Had to redo it, someone erased it :(
  11. eatV8

    BORED?!

    come draw with me Add something to the drawing and let me know what you done
  12. Not as many times as he has miss pronounced a word.
  13. Xarhsixturbo, That is amazing #'s Makes me wish the XR6 turbo was here even more each time I see these #'s I do alot of driving up and down the turnpike. The XR6 T would be perfect for this job. Big comfortible and easy to make powerful. Plenty of M5 etc around here, would easily eat them up on the highways with 350+kw @ the treads
  14. Guys here in the states are making anywhere between 300-315hp@wheels on the stock VF39 on the 2.5ltr STi. A guy I know went with a APS SR55 and made 365hp@wheels in 30°+ heat and 90%+ humidity... Simular powered cars (Garrett GT30R, FP Green) are all running 11.6-11.8's. This is the newest shape car too, so it weighs 1475kg or so. Edit: For comparision the stock STi's make around 240hp@wheels on the dyno he run 365 on...
  15. Yeah, I see what you mean now I'm sure there is some way it cools... but the answer I don't have :lol: edit: Ok, went back and read over it again... So by this I'm guessing they are cooling it via lower portion of the "split" cylinder head? Is this making sense? I'm getting a headache
  16. I would persume there was a opening for the exhaust gases to escape while it is rotating? Same way it would be intaking air... Does that make sence? I suck at trying to explain.
  17. Why do you think heat might be a problem? In what way would it affect it?
  18. EDIT... Never mind... I posted a quote from someone from BMW, but he was talking about a different system that was simular. My bad...
  19. Imagine running a huge lift cam with no rpm limit other than the limits of the crank and rods. Rotary valve camless engines completely redefine the common-sense limits of engine performance. Everything you know about turbo power assumes you still have to force all that air past tiny valves that barely opens. That same valvetrain makes you upshift just as things were getting fun. All that goes out the window. It's a truly revolutionary technology.
  20. eatV8

    A funny comic

    Haha, gave me a good laugh... *** Warning, may offend some ***
  21. http://www.coatesengine.com/csrv.html This is pretty amazing!
  22. Pineapples
  23. eatV8

    Mmmmm Hemi

    HAHA! I have never been to Texas, but have heard they are very pick up crazy down there. Up here in NJ there is alot of BMW's, Merc's etc... oh and of course the damn SUV soccor mums!
  24. I got my copy in the mail today... I won it on the MSN comp... was sent to my brother and forwarded to me... I know it was low budget, but sorry. Just couldnt really see even a good storey line :(
  25. They are a good reliable car that is pretty good on the petrol... You see them over here with 100,000 miles on them running strong, so whats that, 160,000km!
×
×
  • Create New...