Jump to content

eatV8

Member
  • Posts

    951
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by eatV8

  1. I have thought about that, and also with using the T's engine in the mustang like I mensioned. Im not sure on all US laws about this kind of importing or engine swaps etc. I think every state is different ruling too. I dont know if it would be really hard to comply since the engine doesnt have US emmisions certs etc. I know it cost an absolute fortune to bring a GT-R to the usa. If it costs the amount of money to comply that a GT-R does for US roads (US$20-30,000 I have been told) as good as the T is, it would not be worth it. :(
  2. Well Ford USA have two firm orders with TriShield and myself I'm sure their is more people who want one after that car and driver article. I'm starting to think about putting the 4.0ltr T in a '66 Mustang. Anyone have any idea if it would be possible?
  3. At least its only the front bumper on the monaro and that can be swapped
  4. I don't really know much about the new accord, the TSX (euro) here has gotten some good reviews. I guess all the tooling etc was done on the larger car so why not bring it to au, some people may like it
  5. Majority of Americans that I show pictures of Falcons, Commodores, Monaros, both companies utes love them all. They wish GM and Ford USA would do the simular. Majority prefer Expensive Daewoo and HSV's coupe over the Pontiac front end too.
  6. They have both versions here too, the Honda Accord which is a larger car and the Acura TSX which is the Euro Accord. Whats wrong with the new Accord? Is it just the styling you dont like or something else?
  7. Beat ya to it http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11957
  8. The current Taurus (one after the shape sold in AU) is in its final runs now and will be replaced by a new FWD/AWD car of same size. This new car looks good, and will be fords car to compete with the Camry, Altima, Accord etc. The Falcon Range could slot one above that with the RWD to compete against chryslers new 300C and other RWD cars in that class to come. O/T: I think Ford should send off the Taurus with a special CLI version... get it? CLI-Taurus!
  9. That sucks, I got excited then. Sharing platform, which means it wont be a Falcon... I want a XR6 Turbo or F6
  10. Sorry guys if this is a repost, I looked over the chit chat section and didnt see it. Click Me!
  11. I reckon Toyota is still kicking everybodys arse in that competition Scotty Don't forget Daewoo!!
  12. These fast time on street tyres... are they on the factory rubber or some better aftermarket rubber?
  13. Must be an add for the AWD magna? Sounds stupid to me, glad I'm not there to experiance it
  14. The LS2 Gen IV's have displacment on demand tech... So for everyday non spirited driving they should be very good on the fuel.
  15. eatV8

    Lancer EVO 8

    Yeah, better yet, wait for the 2.5ltr STi to land in Aust (2005 Motor mag says). That thing is awesome, 300hp/300lb-ft 0-60mph in 4.6 ¼ mile in 13.1 It eats the EVO here in the usa Wanna know something else? The Forester XT shares the same EJ257 engine. some engine managment, exhaust, VF39 (USDM STi turbo), Intercooler and you have a sleeper. The block is the same, including rods and pistons.
  16. eatV8

    Lancer EVO 8

    Those times look very slow indeed. Almost looks like the time for the car if you dont launch it hard. It has very simular specs to the usa model evo 8 and it runs times from 13.4-13.6 here in magazine tests. I have no idea why mitsubishi would list such slow times other then preparing themselves for people in future who want to claim broken gearboxes, transfer cases etc by launching hard.
  17. eatV8

    super charging

    NOS XR, send me a PM with your shopping list. I have a contact here who will be able to get you a very good price on items you need.
  18. Yeah I saw this also, At least they should be a more decent match for the NA ford 6's. They still need to figure out how to keep up with the turbo thou
  19. I read in MOTOR issue I have here the VZ Clubby will be 300kw LS1... I don't see LS2 in anything just yet, every LS2 they can make at the moment will be going into the new corvettes which have a order list which is getting stupidly long already here. I read a while back the last run of VZ HSV's were going to get LS2's just before every Expensive Daewoo V8 got LS2 in VE...
  20. eatV8

    BMW recall

    Come drive here in NJ, nearly every company needs the recall... I HATE NJ DRIVERS!!!
  21. Hmm, very helpful. Thought this is often referred to as a "mature forum" I would have thought a simple request like this would not be a problem.
  22. Vic I don't have a problem with someone revealing results within a post, but it is the result being posted in the topic heading! I never said in my original post that no results should be posted, only that the title of the post should not contain the winner...
  23. Hey guys. I noticed a couple of threads mensioning who wins races etc in the title. I have posted before in another post that was made which gave away results of F1 and moto GP in the topic. I think it would be great if in future topic headlines could read for EG: V8 Supercars - Queensland Spoiler or F1-USA spoiler etc... People like myself don't always get to see the races straight away and seeing the results posted before your eyes in a topic heading is abit annoying. At least with a topic labeled the event-spoiler or results I and others could avoid the results by not opening the topic. Thanks guys, I'm sure you can all understand. Perhaps a site moderator could change this to a thread to always stay up top so new people see it too? thanks! This would also be good for other sports results, ie: ORIGIN!
  24. eatV8

    Gran Tourismo 4

    We can all pretend the BA V8 Supercar is a APS phase 4 XR6 T
  25. eatV8

    Gran Tourismo 4

    Where did you hear it featured XR6T, GT, Clubsport and VY supercar? I read that the only Aussie car in it again would be the BA V8 Supercar.
×
×
  • Create New...