-
Posts
280 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by dashturbo
-
I assume its like smartlock of old, where if it recognises any change in its instrument cluster or ingnition barrel it goes into 'lockdown'. You might be able to get the dealer to overide, or maybe by reprogramming the keys.. But you would need to trick the computer into thinking that the same ICC is plugged in. you would need to work out all the HVAC controls and stuff too I assume?
-
Are we talking about removing from FG and putting into FG? I have removed mine but I'm not sure if it needs to be switched on by the dealer using the plug in diagnostics computer. From a removal point of view, I'm trying to remember off the top of my head, basically the grey top to the centre console (cup holders, shifter surround) just lifts up vertically and unlips as you lift, although I have a manual sedan so not sure how an auto surround works. be gentle and keep an eye out but I just lifted it up at the back, and I started from the inside under the console lid. The plug for the little black ipod box comes out the front of the console bin and I think there is a plug there that you can see when you look down. I assume you can just unplug that with a little lever... but again I cant be sure from memory. I think there is a one way clip that holds the ipod box to the bottom of the console bin and I'm not sure how to get to it without removing the whole centre console, like I did. You may be able to get your hand in there or just pull it out from the top, I'm a little hazey on what I actually did there.but then that is pretty much it. put it back together, there will probably be a little hole where the wiring came through, but the leather pouch will just come off when you remove the console top at the first step. I'm not saying this will definately work but Its worth a try and will only take a minute to do. hope that information is readable! haha re read your question and that wasn't even what you asked. Cant help there sorry!!!
-
mine isn't noticeable if I match the revs a little better. or change quicker. I have had the shunt since new, hasn't changed one iota since then (15,100km now) You really can just drive around it, although sometimes I get lazy and it clunks... There is one solution always go hard and it won't clunk. some others have added extra oil to the gearbox to remove some noises, not sure if it would help with these though. probably in the diff or something.
-
Rapid, are your talking FG bluetooth? maybe I will go and see a 'genius' edit: I see you have got an FG, well I'm not sure its my phone because It has worked perfectly with literally tens of other cars through work. so now im confused to the max because I have a nokia that works 100% on it. Although the guys at the ford dealership have the same issue with there own cars.
-
To answer your question I get exactly the same issue. in my FG XR6T. hope the 3.0 software helps because at the moment its a waste of alot of money on the bluetooth in my falcon. the software is likely to be released in the next week at the apple WWDC. should be sweet!
-
healey: it lights up blue, just like the XR standard gauges, it fits in perfectly with the XR luxury pack dash, imagine it would still fit well in the normal XR interior. bunna: as I said, ford charged me $202.30 to fit the gauges and reprogram the keys. why? do you know the process? I imagine you cant do it without a plug in computer of some kind.
-
I had to make the same decision... I decided that I wanted a manual, no available in the G6ET. I also though the LSD was of massive importance but since driving both extensively I would be happy without the LSD, it still drifts elegantly... I wouldn't trade my car for anything except sometimes a G6ET, I really like the cashmere leather, and different trimings (memory and all electric seats, chrome instead of silver door handles buttons etc. Even compared to the Luxury pack on the XR6T its plush. If your into conservative looks the G6ET is the sexiest car ever, and if you like agressive styling the XR is better. Whatever you get I'm sure you will hold it dear. Dont stress because they are both wicked vehicles.
-
Octane looks wicked on F6's almost as good as Dash... no really I wouldn't trade my bright color in for anything now, but I tried to change it straight after I ordered it. If you like it man, don't listen to anyone else. You aint buying it for them, and they will come around or get over it. besides nobody would recognize you if you drove past in a boring color.. why get an F6 then try to look subtle?
-
hey guys, I just saw this thread for the first time, and must say I was very interested to read all the issues.... I might be able to help. ( I know where your all coming from I just spent all sunday fixing a ticking noise in my centre console) BA-BF2 LH FIREWALL STEADY TICKING (like a relay or clock, tick, tick, tick, tick) this is the Purge Valve, letting fuel come back into the supply from the carbon canister, noise been around since at least AU and still exists on FG, just needs some foam between it and the body. its a little black plastic canister about the size of the washer bottle pump, has two or three black pipes coming from it, cant remember if it rests on the Firewall or the LH inner gaurd though. Sometimes its just noisy and needs replacing, usually it just needs to be lifted of the body with a foam pad. Although don't get too picky though cause they always make a noise when outside the car. LH OR RH DASH (Instrument Panel) SQUEAK, TAPPING, RATTLE OR CREAK. (happens right under the vent in the top corner of the IP) This is caused by a little screw that is quite hard to access. It is screwed upwards at both ends of the dashboard, this was an issue with the supplier and torquing screws into plastic. If you remove the end cover on the dashboard (at either A-pillar) I think you can access it. The screw is under torque and two pieces of plastic can move against each other (causing ticking, creaking or a tapping noise), sometimes only when its cold, other times only when its hot etc. the screw needs just an extra little turn, BUT they quite often they strip and the only option is a slightly bigger screw. The best way to get this fixed is to take it to the dealer and ask them to contact Ford and speak to a Squeak and Rattle technician or just ask Ford. BRAKE PAD RATTLE Their were a few issues if I remember correctly. different types of shims were fitted all PBR brakes, they all seemed to have the problem (not just Ford), there is no solution apart from getting different shims fitted at the dealer. however this is at the risk of constant preload which can cause the brakes to warp, again just ask the dealer to fix it, hopefully they can. FG RH A-PILLAR TICKING, in my case it was the black window frame bottom, ticking under the mirror just needs a little preload (so foam under the front I think.) CENTRE CONSOLE CREAK TICKING/RATTLE, My Centre Console was not as solid as a rock and creaked or made a ticking noise. the bolt behind the flap on the side of the centre console (next to the seat belt mouth was under torque. just nipped it up and wallah! the center console is now more solid than anything on the car. CLUTCH PEDAL CREAK really annoying, required the clutch pedal assist spring to be replaced, which I think is a big job. mine was done in the factory. GLOVE BOX RATTLE mine was changed over because it drooped down on the left hand side, which caused a rattle, new one is perfect, no droop and no rattle. SEAT BELT STALK/PRETENSIONER RATTLE/ TICKING noise mine did this from both driver and passender front and they have both been replaced with new parts, not more rattle. LH INNER GAURD TICKING/CLICKING AT HIGH SPEED. The inner gaurd was a little loose, some foam where the inner meets the outer fixed it up good. that's all I remember for the moment. goodluck!
-
Alright, I know I'm not the first but I thought some of you might like to know.. I have successfully had FG F6 Gauges fitted to my XR6 Turbo, after a bit of mucking around.. I bought the gauges (new in box) from Ferntree gully auto salvage for $350 and then had Coffey Ford of Noble Park fit them (in half a day) for $202.30. I had Courtney and Patterson Ford in Heidelberg tell me they couldn't fit them and wouldn't try, but Coffey Ford said they would try if I paid for labour. In the end they fitted them and reprogramed both of my keys because it 'went into lockdown' when the new set of gauges was installed. So in the end it all works perfectly and fits in perfectly in the luxury pack interior.
-
I have my money on a set of warped rotors and possibly pads that have/are crumbling. one stop from 190kmh esp with passengers can do it, or repetitive braking with attitude. I saw a few as an apprentice mechanic. Even great brakes road car brakes tend to do it, unless they are made with compromises for the road, like being usable at low temperatures, poor pedal feel, squeaking or grinding. hopefully A.B.S can machine them straight for about $50 bucks and a set of pads, I think there around $270 if ford branded.
-
I hate to go against the crowd... but the only issue with my windscreen was a layer of gunk that made it look funny on some angles in the sun, I scrubbed it with warm water and a good chamois and it came up perfect better than I ever could have guessed, when I used meguires window cleaner or any other it seemed to make it worse leaving a residue. In regards to warranty and them not doing what you ask I would have to argue quite the contrary, in my case they literally pulled out any doubts I had with the car and went well out of their way to make sure that everything was fixed to my satisfaction, Front end knock, shifters plastic surround lifting, glove box sag, seat belt pretensioner rattle, seat creak, etc. In regards to the supplier, I've been told their chinese, definitely not Pilkington or Viridian on my FG.
-
Hey guys, there was an XT Sedan and a XR Ute tested. I think some models of BA-BF had side bags in the seat. But no matter what the side bags did it got 11.82/16 for the offset frontal and it needed at least 12.5 to get a chance at 5 stars. http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/rac...lcon+ba+2002+on http://www.ancap.com.au/results/94/
-
I've completed the Victorian police's / SAE-Aus Course 'Technical Accident Investigation & Reconstruction course' And we touched on this topic and how its used; Basically if the crash module senses a serious accident, a spike over a certain G then it will measure it and record up to 5 instances. So if you had a violent accident that set off the airbags it would retain the accelerations and sometimes other information for around 100 milliseconds. this information is stored and can be called upon with the right equipment. So if you crash at some massive speed they can use this information in court against you. However if you don't crash because your going to fast it wont matter. There is lots of info like the deformation depth, skid marks and trajectory/momentum to get the speed usually anyway. I would rather the manufacturer provide the data because it helps to protect the innocent. Why is that bad? Its not used for minor offenses its used for fatalities and serious injury cases. Now I bet that made this thread much less boring for everyone. :angel:
-
yeah, I think most of them have the noise. I think its wind up in the drive train, or just the slop. Mine does it too. But all the pissy little 4 cylinder cars I drive don't. I consider it a sacrifice for RWD, strength and the shifts mechanical feel. You can get around it by leaving your foot on the throttle a little longer when pushing the clutch in, if you lift off the throttle to early it loads up the drivetrain then when you release it with the clutch it clunks. So just stop the drivetrain winding/loading up by leaving a little bit of throttle on when applying the clutch. Works a treat for me, when you get it right. Does any of that make sense?
-
Thanks Kevo, that's the best Idea I've seen in a while, wouldn't be hard to make that go out the window either.... I'll be making one of those tonight for sure
-
Not sure about your comment, I didn't remove it. Maybe it's still being processed?
-
Thanks Heaps guys.. Front and rear videos were with a tripod out the rear window, and some masking tape, wheel shots were just an arm out the window, and interior was a little tripod, which fell over... however all driving engine noises are sourced from the that one on the inside, too much wind noise elsewhere. So four drives up and down the hill, plus about the same in and out the driveway. Its was surprisingly easy with iMovie and a good camera.
-
Thanks guys, I guess its an easy crowd! we're getting the driveway being relocated as we speak, that el help with the exits. Warm up?! it was all done with one camera and no helpers, so it took a few runs... no problem there
-
hmmm that youtube link didn't work... what the? is there some way to edit? found it haha!
-
Made this yesterday, thought a few of you may appreciate it? There is a better quality version here: http://gallery.me.com/danielmyles#100233 OR
-
hey Geobar, Does the F6 cluster match up with colors and everything? did you fit it yourself or get the dealer to do it? I'm keen as on that mod! any idea what its worth on its own?
-
Out of curiosity anybody know what will happen to the Stability Control with bigger and different Brakes? considering it comes on every time you start the car and when you brake mid slide? god knows what would happen with a different set of sensors and rotors, Perhaps F6 brakes may be adaptable to the XR6T systems?
-
Pirelli P-zero would do the trick but I would think they are more expensive than 1k a corner. They are phenomenal tyres!
-
I can say that I worked in the plant QA department at Broadmeadows and I just bought an FG. people put a lot of crap on the quality of Ford Australia's motor vehicles and I think it is completely unjustified. Subaru; The worst quality cars I have ever known (personal experiences) are Subarus, we had a 98 WRX from new with more issues than my 88 falcon at 17 years of age. its whole dashboard rattled from new. when I say whole I don't mean just the dash, but each little segment vibrated seperately. so did the passenger door, the car had its fair share of oil leaks and serious mechanical issues too, What I found most appalling was the refinement. Its gearbox synchro's were useless at anything but a double declutch, and even then notchy, the engine backfired out the air filter under load occasionally. and the frameless door sounded like they broke everytime you slammed them to try and shut them. the engine wouldn't idle occasionally and it wore out tyres at a phenomenal rate. We had a 2000 Liberty that had even more issues I wouldn't dare bore you further with. These two must not be representative of Subaru vehicles because other people are perfectly happy.. Anyway I have already bored you to death but my personal opinion is that the latest Falcon is at least equal to the quality of any japanese vehicle ( much better than Toyotas particularly the Aurion and Camry ) We benchmarked all the relevant mid size SUV's on the market at Fords facility and found the worst culprits were BMWs for quality issues. I personally believe the majority of quality issues are percieved by an owner. For instance I have known people with Toyota's to tell me they car has been perfect, although it has left them stranded on multiple occasions and cost thousands in repairs.. work that out!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.