Jump to content

utemad

Member
  • Posts

    120
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by utemad

  1. Yeah that's what I mean.. we bought an award tray that has the same general appearance but aint a patch on a tip top it cost 2200 plus rear rack. Tip top sides are like 4mm thick 40mm wide at the top. the rear rack has a full steel carrier under the tray attached to the chassi.. the front rack goes right through to the floor and is jointed in buitifully. The floor is I think 3T rated and is the same as they put on a 5m flat bed truck tray. rope rails a35mm dia from memory plus nothing is riveted they are all those snap off rivets that dont come loose or snap.. plus the finish is like you built it for yourself its one of those things most people who are true craftsmen appreciate its just whether you justify the expense.. I have never had to repair a tip top tray but rebuilt fords alloy tray more times than I wanted in 3 years and broke the front head board clean off it cheers utemad
  2. That would be great where are you but there is more to it than meets the eye unless you know the company and have seen one first hand This will be my third and after the abuse they take they are a definate cut above the rest of the main stream alloy garbage out there... This one got hit in the side by a cab and it only bent the rope rail.. the trol I have now backed into a tree and the damage was all relatively easily undone.. Its just a shame fords depreciate so hard that I think of giving it a cheaper tray.. cheers utemad
  3. Be very interested to see what people say .. I am considering a xr6T or Xr8 and taking the back off and putting a tray on it.. The logical choice would be to take fords xr6 c/c but I want more grunt this time round already had an 03BA ute that I put 30K on the clock in immaculate condition and could only get 20k for it after trying for 6 months. a photo below shows she aint shabby with a 4500 buck tray xls with momo stuff etc So I hope you have better luck with your trade than me cheers utemad
  4. I am looking to get an FG xr ute .. is it fair to go for the rrp price but not pay dealer or onroad costs.. or have I not gone low enough.. this is what I have done in the past and once even lower.. how should I judge the right price ute $38 450 leather $1000 phone $450 Metalic $450 ? Auto $1000 total $41350 + dealer and on roads ... I was thinking no finance 40K drive away what do thers reckon Be interested to see what others reckon the right price would be. cheers utemad
  5. I took a new fg turbo out the other day in the rain with the traction control on and it was stupid on every take off like totally sideways to the point everyone else stayed at the lights to watch the show.. so now I know it wont do shat on a nice wet road huh? cheers utemad
  6. The normal thing they used to do at summer nats was to chuck in a tarp first then ice and drinks .. when your finished open the tailgate and pull out the tarp from the cab back.. all clean no mess cheers utemad
  7. Mate can't wait to hear what economy you get cause no offense to others on here they dont tend to use them as utes with a load..Auto or manual The answer to your windows going slow is a power window service as the window guys call it Trust me on this as I have a mate in auto glass and he says the first time he saw a merchant do it he couldn't believe they can do something so simple and charge so much SILICONE SPRAY THE CHANNEL AND PUT THE WINDOW UP AND DOWN REPEAT A FEW TIMES AND THEN DONT POKE YOUR HEAD OUT WHEN CLOSING CAUSE IT WILL BE REALLY FAST dont use wd 40 has to be silicone spray Power window suppliers also push this as ongoing maintenance cheers utemad
  8. New FG utes are 270kw at the flywheel..tornado is 310kw I will have to go back and try one in the dry cause my test in the wet was way dull other than wheel spin... Do the xr8's do the 1/4 in similar times or are the turbos quicker cheers utemad
  9. I'll put a vote for the tarp... Utes come with them and they work well and leave the ute useable .. Hardlids make utes less useable than wagons.. if not a tarp get a roller top atleast you can open it and stick high stuff in If you haven't guessed I use mine to the point the ford dealer wont sell me an fpv as he reckons a tray on the back would be just plain wrong he reckons.. Suits me as its a bit too much coin for a work ute that's used for work.. Nice to have just as a commuter though if I could afford another ute.. cheers utemad
  10. Hi Butto this was my idea too ... if I kept it to a sedate pace I could get 6cyl economy and have grunt when I wanted to play but I don't know if it will work cause if your getting 13's I will be more like 15's once I flick the tub and put a tray and tool boxes.... So you would be getting around 550 for say 72 litres a fill? Boy I'd be ecstatitc with that I f I could get it.. Are you running around town to get that or is it all m2 m4 type freeway cruising? Its funny how the bonnet hump is dragging me to the v8 lol cheers utemad
  11. Hi Butto Nice lookin ute... took the new Fg xr6 turbo out today for test drive.. It was wet so it wasn't a great indicator as to the power.. the traction control did nothing to keep it straight off the start so I don't know how good its spose to work on wet tar but it did nothing.. What sort of fuel consumption do you get round town and do you carry anything in it or is it always empty... I am trying to decide between turbo and v8 in the fg ute cheers utemad
  12. I am going to get a new fg xr6t or xr8 ute and chuck the back day 1 or 2.... are you saying the back of the cab will be painted sub standardly??? a pressure pack to the chassis would tidy that up though ... no other probs other than needing a new set of tail lights... does the tow bar differ from uteback to tray back as I think it does? cheers utemad
  13. Mate I have only been out of them for 3 years and my BA was a 4spd auto.. Whats the 6spd like as the 4spd was good but you couldn't down shift for corners smoothly with it .. it was more to cut back for hills or blast off the lights.. cheers utemad
  14. Gees either ford has gotten a lot better since my 03 BA NA 6 or some guys haven't found the go pedal yet... My 6 was giving 17.5 L /100 and my AU 5 litre gave 21 L / 100 This is round town driving with 350kg ave load Anyone got any figures for there turbo carrying some weight cheers utemad
  15. Not in sydney are you??? I had mine ransacked in the ford dealer that resides in the city... I was told its not possible for this to happen by the dealership .. My reply was "I have photo's the morons used my camera to take photo's of themselves" his reply was if you have them I want them.. To which I swapped them for all of my warranty work they wouldn't agree to and additional leverage when I snapped the clutch pedal off just out of warranty... Got to love an honest dealership .. If you could find one cheers utemad
  16. Is yours a manual ute? If so how is first gear ? reasonably low to help you get off the line without slipping the clutch or is it like second gear? My AU 5 litre was like taking off in second so it slipped the clutch all the time and would shudder in the cold weather I have my heart set on a cog swapper cheers utemad
  17. Cheers I think the new FG is only rated to 500 or 580kg.. Which is the same as my xls was... It may technically hold it but if it handles like a dog with its butt on the ground that aint any good to me.. I set them up to handle spot on with 400kg in them as this is its all day starting weight.. It does screw the rear tyres a bit though as they tend to turn from the rear and pick up the front if pushed in tight bends.. Does the turbo 6 have any additional service needs other than oil and filter changes in the first 80K? What I am trying to get is will the turbo have the grunt to pull the additional weight off the line or would the 8 be better suited to this... the ute will never see the 350kg removed in the time I own it.. I wont mention what ute I drive now only that its turbo and weighs 3T so I want this one to dazzle me with its grunt cheers utemad
  18. Hi Guys new to here so hoping to get some real world info.. I am looking at seling more current ute and going back to a ford .. have had AU 5 litre tonner and BA 6cylinder tonner already What I want this time is either Xr6 turbo or XR8 ute the new shape FG ( I think ).. Chuck the back and put a tray on it Will be a 6 speed cog swapper even though the BA had alright auto The rear suspension will get replaced day 1 The rear tyres may get swapped day 1 also as the stockers dont have as good a load rating as some of the exxxy high end jobs Carrying 350kg every day as a constant load what sort of feul useage should I expect out of the xr6T and the xr8 around town My BA 6 gave 410km for 70 litres and the AU gave 330km Which is the gruntier more exciting drive with a bit of weight in the back? Does the turbo have any weird service needs cause it wont see the inside of a ford dealer hopefully after its first 1500k service if I can help it... cheers Utemad
  19. Mine will be to be as fast and enjoyable as it can be getting me to and from work .. cheers utemad
  20. Hi Guys just joined ..Am in Sydney and had Au 5litre tonner and BA 6 tonner.. The suspension in both was useless.. Both needed 2 extra leaves to hold there backs up with anything other than 1 toolbox.. I don't spose anyone uses theres as work utes daily with tools on board so I can get a feul estimate.. I am in the market for either new BF xr6 turbo or xr8 ute .. Chuck the back and put a tray on it.. I can hear some of you already saying ouch !!! But hey if you want a fast tonner what else is there to do ... If I get a ute back I'll take picks of it being flogged for a week til I bin it for a tray Anyone know what id get for the back or is it a through away cheers utemad
×
×
  • Create New...