Jump to content

explicit

Member
  • Posts

    66
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by explicit

  1. Excellent, thank you.
  2. Im looking to fit up some gauges in my Rspec F6. Does the i6 use an external oil pressure sensor/sender unit for the ecu/factory gauge? If so where is it and can I tap into that or replace with the unit that comes with the gauge? cheers
  3. Keep the weight down, maintain a rolling diametre to factory (25 profile with appropriate load rating) and you shouldnt suffer at all. But decent rubber costs money so do decent weight wheels. Your normal 1 piece tempe specials are generally regarded as anchors and come with appropriately cheap rubber.
  4. The taxi is a daily. Waiting on release details on the new Vspec. Hello Mathew :D
  5. I've done a bunch of incar footage from race days in various cars. I use a manfrotto unit. It's a suction cup window mount. Works fantastically inside and outside the car (awesome for 'chase' footage) It was about $150 BUT I've had it for a few years and it works flawlessly with little to no movement, solid as a rock. http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfro...108&child=5
  6. Hey guys, Though I'd introduce myself. I'm Jme, picking up a new White Rspec auto tomorrow morning. Have been playing with cars for quite a while, having sported EXPLICIT plates on my cars for the last 8 years. Love hammering around barbagallo, the odd drag night, some late night cruises and early sunday morning runs in the hills. (sounds like a matchmaking service LOL) I have a bunch of mods coming good for a healthy 350rwkw. I've spotted [4LTURBO] I think on a black ute at the odd antilag cruise (and 'playing' on the street). cya's on the street.....
  7. Ok, I've found the pump with strengthened gears to suit. I've also found out that the engine needs to be suspended from the top so the crossmember can be dropped. This inturn allows the sump, balancer and timing cover to be removed giving access to the oil pump. anyone carried out this procedure, is there anything else I should know about? I assume a 'puller' is required to get the balancer off. anyone? Jme
  8. is there a 60mm gauge holder or is 52mm only available.
  9. Has anyone fitted aftermarket gauges in the oem fpv gauge pod? cheers Jme
  10. I'm working on getting a set of these in 20" at the moment. The beauty of jap saloons and fords sharing the same pcd you get a decent choice of 2 and 3 piece wheels!
  11. Lads, Im slowly gathering parts to upgrade my soon to arrive F6 Rspec. For the sale of reliability im looking to purchase some billet oil pump gears. so two questions: where can I buy a set and whats the expected price range? whats involved with installation? (has anyone done it themselves?) thanks Jme
  12. Its become apparent that when pushing over 1bar the factory 5psi actuator and swing valve aren't up to the task of regulating stable boost levels. Has anyone tried running around the 350rwkw+ mark and utilised a stand alone electronic boost controller instead of upgrading the actuator etc. Reason I ask, having played with a number of different turbo cars over the years, I've noticed that a low psi actuator has never been an issue with stable boost due to the size of the boost control valve generally associated with aftermarket boost controllers. cheers Jme
  13. Have a white one its way. don't know the build number as yet. 08 build, zf auto, sunroof, reverse sensors. can't wait to start playing with it!
  14. I assumed ebay to be a logical choice but open to all options. thanks very much for your feedback guys, most appreciated!
  15. guys where can I buy an xforce exhaust online or that can deliver to Perth? thanks Jme
  16. Excellent, thanks for the heads up.
  17. These turbo's are amazing. Have seen a few in action on a number of GTR's. Nice setup.
  18. Ahhhh yep thanks mate :-) any need to mod the rear turbo housing/actuator at all. Im aiming for 350rwkw, apparently the later F6's with a decent exhaust seems to hold boost fine. Is there a gain to be had replacing the cat back system? I really want to maintain as much of a sleeper look as possible.
  19. Great to hear, I have a white auto r spec due in a weeks time myself. Looking to upgrade it very shortly. What you end up getting done to achieve it? Jme
  20. Guys im power hungry. Owned/Driven a string of 500hp+ vehicles. For a daily driver the F6 ticks the boxes, thanks for your concern though.
  21. Lads, A formal introduction, I'm Jme, located in Perth WA. Awaiting delivery of a F6 Rspec, White, ZF. (almost bought an f6x but decided not to :D) Great forum, lots of info and experiences. So my question for all you modified owners is....with hindsight being a beautiful thing, what route would you go down to achieve that elusive 350-380rwkw. There are plenty of packages on the market im totally aware, moreso interested in peoples varying opinions and products suggested. Up for a debate so throw down your 2cents. cheers Jme
  22. Has anyone used a stand alone electronic boost controller? If so any results and comparisons made to using the ecu based controller? thanks Jme
  23. Don't think I'll have much luck with warranty sporting a nizpro stage 2.5 kit in tow. Dealer rang me and said that because the vehicle is already in transit, it can only be a 'factory' fitted option. It's bullsh*t as its literally a bolt on upgrade, but no issue, an ap or alcon upgrade will be underway later on nonetheless. thanks for the feedback guys most appreciated.
  24. As long as its a bolt on application, it can always be returned to factory with little effort.
×
×
  • Create New...