Jump to content

XR64LT

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    678
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by XR64LT

  1. Unfortunately yeah, my car isnt driven alot these so an earls turbo line wasnt a priority for me. I was reading a few other threads and it seems a new core is the way to go depending on whether to housings are stuffed or not. Cant really afford new turbo at the moment as im getting married in november too.
  2. Heys peps, just had an issue while taking the mrs for a yeeros tonight. Driving down parra rd my oil light starts beeping/flashing, I pulled over at the next servo and checked the dipstick and if anything was about half way between 'add" and 'full'. so taking it easy from there ive pulled up at a set of lights about 15min later and again starts beeping/flashing. So now im on my way home and I start to hear a whining/grinding sound only under acceleration. Eventually getting home I allow a little time to cool down then turn the motor off, at this stage the shut down noise is pretty bad and ive never heard it that loud before. So tomorrow ill be disconnect the 45' joiner to the turbo and hope for the best. Leo
  3. I did an 11.8 on kuhmo tyres, just happened to come across a pair of mt's allready on ba wheels going for a good price. Plus I wasnt stalling it up to its full potention so if I end up with low to mid 11s street car I think anyone would be happy with that. Might put on the loop for safetys sake and not worry about the harness unless they pull me up for it.
  4. Hey just a few questions, I recently purchased a pair of MT street slicks to run deeper into the 11s now just wondering for those of you that have ran 11.99 or quicker have you installed a tail shaft loop and 4 point harness? how did you install the harness? What tyres pressures are best for MT's? Price of andra licence? Any help would be great, I just dont want to rock up get 1 run and get sent home. Sorry if these questions have been answered before. Leo
  5. guess im lucky I live 20min away from atomic if I ever got a motor from him
  6. Make sure you do a full write up on the conversion mate.. best of luck
  7. theres a few on youtube just type in BA to FG and something should come up, not as much detail as this one though. handy to know if your doing the FG into BA conversion
  8. anyone else tried this conversion lately? suppose it might be cheaper now days too
  9. ohh sorry, it is a manually shifted automatic, same as if u put it in performance mode and change gears yourself. and its a 3speed box, totally different to the btr
  10. Or you could put a fully manualized c4 in it midnightxr6
  11. Was there anything wrong with the previous motor or did you just decide to build something stronger?
  12. sorry I meant for the one that stainless made...
  13. is this kit still around these days?
  14. How much for the airbox and intake pipe?
  15. normal? dude if that was mine and it was making a noise like that fark Ford would know about it. Like L plate said take it back and demand that they fix it.
  16. 1/4 - 11.89 60 ft 1.9 MPH - 114 311rwkw BA C4 auto
  17. Sim302, 25psi seems to be best tyre pressure imo on street tyres.... 11.89@114mph 1.9 60' ft on 18" kuhmo's with 25psi is my PB
  18. http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc504/Ldaddario/IMG_0373.jpg ta da
  19. Nah didnt get caught out, next time ill put some MT's on and might dip into mid 11s but I guess ill have to wait and see.
  20. Had a good night guys.. 1st pass was 12.3@116mph 2.2 60ft, straight off the bat no tyres pressure change and no stall. 2nd pass was 12.2@116mph 2.1 60ft, little air taken out and 2000rpm stall. 3 pass was 11.8@114mph, 1.9 60ft 25psi pressure and 2500rpm stall. And the rest were all low 12s and a 13.9 cause the guy in the other lane nearly took me out. So very happy with 11.89@114 on kuhmo 18" street tyres. Will post up time slips when I get home. Leo
  21. Thanks rednose...might use the first run to get a feel of the track and ill adjust to suit in later runs. 124mph seems like a 10sec pass on the cards.
  22. Hey guys thinking of taking the XR down for a few runs tomorrow night just on street tyres, hoping to crack an 11. Be good to see and meet a few of ya's if you come down. Plates on mine are your:70:EZ... Leo
  23. Intercooler would set it off.
  24. NOOOO... why did I just see this now!!
×
×
  • Create New...