Jump to content

RAPHOON

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,776
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RAPHOON

  1. Likewise, the car felt very average and no matter how much I tried I could'nt find the third pedal! On the up side I now know what to look forward too............. Thank's again for the drive. Brad You're welcome! Just get your shopping list together for the next WOG visit. Cheers
  2. RAPHOON

    Fist Saturday

    Sean, You better update that signature of yours. The power figure looks a little low.
  3. Fantastic run. Well done
  4. RAPHOON

    Fist Saturday

    My everyday 8PSI tune @ 260RWKW with standard injectors, standard valve springs. There's more in it which will be done on the WOG's next trip. The peak power doesn't give you the whole picture though, as the delivery is awesome. As an example, at just over 110km/h, the standard maps power is just under 140RWKW, the new tune is over 200RWKW. Not exactly sure of the power on the race map. The last run on the dyno was 278RWKW with some boost fluctuation. This was sorted later in the night, and the car picked up a heap more. The power pick up was enough for the standard clutch to call it quits on 3rd and 4th gear. Hence no late dyno run or Willowbank. That said, the thing goes like stink. Thanks again WOG! Any ideas on a tougher clutch anyone?
  5. Nice to meet you at FIST yesterday Fulch. I hope the boost/edit issues are sorted for you soon. How did the car feel on the drive home?
  6. Nice one Eugene. Some of your special squirters?
  7. RAPHOON

    Meet The Wog

    Hi Fulch, We will all be at FIST Performance from about 9.30am onwards. I believe Nick con do a tune for you if you want. See you there.
  8. Sounds great. Speaking of sound, what's the exhaust note like after the changes?
  9. The corroboree or the skating rink?
  10. RAPHOON

    Meet The Wog

    Jeff and the boys at F.I.S.T.
  11. Do we have BBQ and cooks, drinks etc organised? I'm not sure how PT normally set up for dynodays. Might give them a call to check if they have a remote monitor set up to keep the crowd up to date on the power runs. If not, I'll check if they can attach one.
  12. RAPHOON

    Meet The Wog

    Counting sleeps now..........
  13. Outstanding effort Adam! Do you run those front tyres on the street?
  14. RAPHOON

    Capa Edit

    I believe that standard ford tune runs the car quite rich in cruise conditions.
  15. Could be all of them. After the amount of roids in their bloodstream they now all urinate standing up and shave more often than I do.....
  16. It will be interesting to see wha replaces it. Maybe something like the Torana shown some time back. I liked the look of the original car before the HSV fantastic platic bits went on it. Pity to see its demise.
  17. The car is replaceable and insurance will take care of that. Take it easy for the next couple of days as the body will get a little sore. I prescribe some anti inflammatories for Thursday and Friday, to be replaced by drinks and lots of loving from the Mrs on Saturday and Sunday. Best wishes for a speedy recovery of mind and body. :rokon: Hope to hear some exploits from Blown MkII very soon.
  18. Well done Spiko! Awesome time. :rokon:
  19. I recommend one with really sharp blades. I have a high end Phillips and love it. Take next to no time to charge and gives a time left readout. This can be handy if you travel with work etc.
  20. I'd like to see what she pulls Sean.
  21. You'll also end up with a smaller 2nd air intake than by doing the XR8 snorkel mod. As for the XR8 mod: - The finish look factory from the outside - The mod is simple to do - Will cost you a lot less. But hey, whatever rocks your boat.
  22. Its that easy Jeff , have to disagree mate, CountryPhoon obviously has a Phoon why would he want to load the std maps if he is already running~8PSI , stock People can make there own decisions , but I would rather the peace of mind that a custom tune provides Aah. Are you assuming that the standard Typhoon maps are the same as standard XR6 maps??
  23. Thanks Dingah. The intercooler is always a factor. The higher the power lvl the bigger a factor. Under 280ish RWKW the stock intrercooler is ok. After this a car will still run a good dyno number but will be unable to back it up and will loose power with each run. I think JB had a first run of 30rwkw's and lost 10rwkw's each run after. I'd get a bigger intercooler after reaching 280rwkw's to keep the power consistant. Geea. And the further north you go, the earlier the intercooler becomes a necessary item.
  24. Well done craig!
  25. Well done Goldbullet!
×
×
  • Create New...