Jump to content

RAPHOON

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,776
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RAPHOON

  1. So when are you taking yours down for him to play?
  2. Give the dynowog a call on 03 93541198. Nice one Fulch. That'll confure him even more!! mika don't you mean confuse? so who is confused? Aaah the dreaded passion fingers.... Thoughy might be a little confused by now. What about option 4. Keep the springs you've got.
  3. takes about 1 minute to put the exede back to standed ( unplug exede, then plug in plug joiners. but I agree with the other points. Couple of other advantages for the edit: - Increased rev limit - Soft fuel cut at the increased limit - Harder shifts for the auto - Torque tag removal - Higher power at lower boost levels An advantage for the Excede: - Multiple maps at the flick of a switch
  4. Give the dynowog a call on 03 93541198. Nice one Fulch. That'll confure him even more!!
  5. Dont bet on it Yes, you have some serious power in yours and no doubt hand some spankings to to all types of cars. But then again, GT's with your grunt levels are about as common 500RWKW T's.
  6. Almost worth the price of the edit in one run. Nice.
  7. I'm surprised you actually found a GT that would give you a run. Most of them (at least the stock ones) seem a little hesistant to go up against a T.
  8. I ran my car on the standrd 10PSI tune quite happily for about 6 months. All I did was re-gap the plugs (.89). I've since had the car custom tuned and it's a different beast altogether. Whilst the "first cut" daily map is still a fairly sedate 260RWKW, the clutch is just not able to cope with the torque from down low in 3rd and 4th. There's nothing really wrong with the clutch as there's no hint of slippage at any stage with stock tune. The engine just produces too much torque for the standard unit to handle. I'm now looking for a stronger unit for mine before the final touches are done to the daily and race tunes.
  9. Based on my understanding, all the factory protection is still there. Knock sensing and timing adjustments due to increases in intake charge temps.
  10. Do you know which hotdog they used? Do you have one pipe in and one out? - or 2? My F6 has 2 in and 2 out so I guess I would need 2 hotdogs(?) to replace centre muffler... The Exotic Exhaust unit is twin in twin out with 2 hot dogs.
  11. Thanks Adam, This is the starting point for this tune. It will have a tweak to bring the top end up a little so that it's a nice tune for everyday use. The race map is a different beast altogether. I won't know what it is capable of until I have the clutch upgraded. It gave way at around 280RWKW. Hopefully I'll have that sorted in the next week or so.
  12. I agree with troughy to a point. Custom tuning is by far better than running your car with the standard maps, however, it's not mandatory. The standard tunes in the flasher are relatively conservative. They would have to be, as the the suppliers know that the cars being flashed are all going to be different. Basically, what ford does at the factory floor but at a slightly higher state of tune. This not only leaves room for the differences in each car/engine, but also leaves scope for custom tuners to extract the best out of our cars. I ran the standard 10PSI map in my car for 6+ months. The car was fine, went much better than standard, and was never in danger due to poor AFR's or pinging. The only precaution I would suggest as mandatory, is a dyno run of the car before and after flashing. This will assure the owner of AFR's etc. Basic differences between standard map and custom tune? The custom tune is smoother and gives me more power.
  13. I had 209 stock. 255RWKW with a standard map. It was peaky and fell away sharply from about 5000RPM. The current custom tune is 260RWKW on 8PSI with a heap more through the mid range.
  14. I thought the stock program had a setting preventing free revving beyond 3000 to 3500 RPM??
  15. Sedate every day tune is 260RWKW at 8PSI. Race map power not verified yet as the clutch can't handle it.
  16. More details please JB. From where? How much?
  17. Sounds like Blonksta is happy with his T again.
  18. RAPHOON

    Fist Saturday

    Spoke to a contact yesterday, who has modified a number of different types of cars. He is sending me details of the workshop he uses to prepare clutches and brake pads at a reasonable cost. Keep you posted.
  19. LOL. Modding is addictive. How are your tyres holding up?
  20. RAPHOON

    Fist Saturday

    I am, provided that we can get the beefed up clutch in beforehand. I'd like to get a power run for the race map. Oh, and maybe another PSI or so on the standard map. Cheers
  21. Nice one Eugene. Some of your special squirters? Yes they are, He is over the moon, cant believe dry road, second gear tyre fries froma rolling 60-70kph start, soooo much torque, I now need to fit a Trans cooler so it will last for him. May set up a shift kit module as well. Geez, You are getting pretty good at installing and setting up tunes for these. Any additional upgrades to yours planned?
  22. Well done Blonksta. I've seen a gold one it looked pretty good to me.
  23. Zap, Do they have a similar unit to take up to 300RWKW?
  24. Nice truck Ian. Won't be long until the full custom interior/sound system goes in. You can't help yourself.
  25. RAPHOON

    Fist Saturday

    Von's a great guy to boot. Slaved at the dyno well beyond the call of duty.
×
×
  • Create New...