greasemonkey Member 98 Member For: 8y 9m 24d Posted 17/03/24 11:35 AM Posted 17/03/24 11:35 AM (edited) Hi guys My XR6 Turbo had a battery relocation done upon tune and the workshop used an ANTZ battery relocation kit. After having this for 2 years and seeing my batter sway back and forward, the material that ANTZ make the battery tray out of has to much flex and I'm not a fan. I'm looking to make my own with stee/metal that has no flex. The tray is flat and then it has one centre piece to hold the tray up. Like I said, I aint a fan. My battery has rocked a few times and that shouldn't happen. Has anyone made their own battery tray or modified the ANTZ tray to give more rigidity and strength??????? Edited 17/03/24 11:36 AM by greasemonkey
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,111 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/24 10:17 PM Posted 17/03/24 10:17 PM how do you know it has swayed? on the dyno? I think it would be easier to just brace the tray you've got than make another one completely...
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 17/03/24 10:59 PM Posted 17/03/24 10:59 PM Also mine worked slightly loose, but it was just the bolts. Check those (might have to remove the inner splash guard behind the front wheel to access the nuts)
defkos New Member 5 Member For: 2y 5m 29d Posted 01/04/24 02:03 PM Posted 01/04/24 02:03 PM Wire and a field likely, I just like the appearance of the aluminum kit on LMR however I've found a number of these battery holders on amazon for not a horrific price, thinking about simply parting it out alternatively.
greasemonkey Member 98 Member For: 8y 9m 24d Posted 11/04/24 01:57 PM Author Posted 11/04/24 01:57 PM On 18/03/2024 at 9:17 AM, k31th said: how do you know it has swayed? on the dyno? I think it would be easier to just brace the tray you've got than make another one completely... I read the replies on the thread early on boys but didn't get a chance to reply until now. With the battery tray, because of the way ANTZ have the tray propped up just by one support in the centre and also because the metal tray can be flexed, the battery can be rocked with pressure forward and back. I worked out the easiest fix is to drill 2 bolt holes into the tray and make a support and drill that into the engine bay metal (small screws). Should work a charm. Just have to get a flat bar of metal and I should be set! 1
greasemonkey Member 98 Member For: 8y 9m 24d Posted 26/05/24 01:45 PM Author Posted 26/05/24 01:45 PM So I managed to make this about three weeks ago. It's worked perfect. Painted it eventually in black just to minimise rust on the mild steel flat bar. Hopefully this helps someone else wanting to minimise rock and sway using the battery relocation kits like from ANTZ or similar
greasemonkey Member 98 Member For: 8y 9m 24d Posted 19/07/24 08:12 AM Author Posted 19/07/24 08:12 AM (edited) The pictures for the quick bracket I made are here. Didn't realise they had disappeared. https://imgur.com/a/eRLQaJ8 Edited 19/07/24 08:14 AM by greasemonkey
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 19/07/24 08:16 AM Posted 19/07/24 08:16 AM Click the direct link button and paste it to embed the picture into the post.
greasemonkey Member 98 Member For: 8y 9m 24d Posted 20/07/24 12:44 AM Author Posted 20/07/24 12:44 AM I just logged on and the pictures appear again. Can anyone see them from my original post Puffwagon?
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 20/07/24 01:39 AM Posted 20/07/24 01:39 AM Yeah they are up there, but not in the last post. We all see the same thing once stuff is posted anyway.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now