Alternative for ANTZ battery tray relocation kit

greasemonkey

• Member For: 6y 7m 20d

Hi guys

My XR6 Turbo had a battery relocation done upon tune and the workshop used an ANTZ battery relocation kit. After having this for 2 years and seeing my batter sway back and forward, the material that ANTZ make the battery tray out of has to much flex and I'm not a fan. 

I'm looking to make my own with stee/metal that has no flex. The tray is flat and then it has one centre piece to hold the tray up. Like I said, I aint a fan. My battery has rocked a few times and that shouldn't happen. 

Has anyone made their own battery tray or modified the ANTZ tray to give more rigidity and strength???????

Edited by greasemonkey

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 3m 17d

how do you know it has swayed? on the dyno?

I think it would be easier to just brace the tray you've got than make another one completely...

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3m 4d

Also mine worked slightly loose, but it was just the bolts. Check those (might have to remove the inner splash guard behind the front wheel to access the nuts)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3m 25d

Wire and a field likely, I just like the appearance of the aluminum kit on LMR however I've found a number of these battery holders on amazon for not a horrific price, thinking about simply parting it out alternatively.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2024 at 9:17 AM, k31th said:

how do you know it has swayed? on the dyno?

I think it would be easier to just brace the tray you've got than make another one completely...

I read the replies on the thread early on boys but didn't get a chance to reply until now. 

With the battery tray, because of the way ANTZ have the tray propped up just by one support in the centre and also because the metal tray can be flexed, the battery can be rocked with pressure forward and back. 

I worked out the easiest fix is to drill 2 bolt holes into the tray and make a support and drill that into the engine bay metal (small screws). Should work a charm. Just have to get a flat bar of metal and I should be set!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I managed to make this about three weeks ago. It's worked perfect. Painted it eventually in black just to minimise rust on the mild steel flat bar. 

Hopefully this helps someone else wanting to minimise rock and sway using the battery relocation kits like from ANTZ or similar

• 1 month later...