Ford Territory First time DIY Tuning

matt036

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 21d

Been a member here for a while owning a BA XR6T sedan and BF ute years ago but life got in the way unfortunately had to sell them. After having 3 kids but wanting boost still and to try something different I ended up with an 09 Sy mk2 turbo ghia about 2 years ago. Aug last year I run it down the strip stock as to a best of 14.53 @ 95mph. After that I started doing a few mods when time permitted. A mate also had HP tuners he leant me as id been reading up on tuning for a while and decided to give it a go. 

Mods so far are:

Full hurricane exhaust 4" dump, 3.5" system

Full plazmaman intercooler

Antz 4" intake for a ba/bf I modified to suit with relocated battery

525 intake walbro with upgraded wiring

Gfb drop in reg

1000cc injectors

12psi reg & terribly ported rear housing

External trans cooler fitted for ZF. 

Not a massive list but with dabbling with tuning on 98 and now on e85. I managed to get it down to 11.52 @ 122mph last month. that's full weight with the 3 kids seats still in the back. Sorry I dont have any pics as its been that long I gotta figure out how to upload again lol but just wanted to write up on my adventures so far and what ive to achieve what I have so far on my own. 

Thanks.

Edited by matt036
  • Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 21d

Thanks mate. Its a start, dont claim I know what I'm doin by any stretch but always learning and had a couple blokes with a wealth of knowledge to help steer me in the right direction. Ive done valve springs on the weekend and got some trans stuff to work on with shifts but hoping to go a bit better next run but I feel im just about out of turbo but will see. 

I love the looks of people when you blaze past in the barge, its priceless lol

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

very nice :spoton: got the timeslip for the manual? noticed you never posted it in this thread ->

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/87290-manual-only-ba-fg-xr6-turbo-¼-mile-times/