Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has chimed in... I'm a quarter mile virgin (at the track at least, street may be another story) but putting a manual XR6T down the strip in a respectable time isn't so easy. Ple

What a 5000rpm clutch drop looks like on stock cv shafts lol

7000rpm clutch drop in first... ?

Posted Images

The top three (?) are all in WA, from Simon at Extreme Ford Tuning to the best of my knowledge.

Quickest (11.5) was Nizpro kitted F6 Sedan (~380rwkw I think)

Next - Nizpro kitted XR Ute @ 11.71 (?) (360-380rwkw?) Youngy can confirm.

Then me, I had Nizpro cooler & some other bits for 11.81 in 32 deg heat (~320 rwkw) but also went 11.87 with only injectors and a punched cat / dump pipe.. (313rwkw) at night

Nizpro XR shop ute set it all off with ~ 11.97 (400rwkw)

If there's someone I've missed - soz. Not kept up to date for a bit!

There's a big HP manual ute from over East, not sure if that has punched out a time yet? I think it was a CV customer??

What's your best time?? Good luck, go the manuals..

I'll be watching this thread closely, my car is becoming a weekender and will be heading higher in the power stakes - Good luck with it - I hope you have some cash put away for CVs if you are driving a sedan!

A C&V customers car has run a 11.8 with a slipping clutch,has more power and better clutch should see the time fall if he races it again

CYA JEFF :buttrock:

if you get this...

youll smash the record... you just have to beat me and dave to do it :)

Is this going to be available to anyone or just Bluepower customers? Looks awesome & I'll take one as soon as they're ready :Doh:

A C&V customers car has run a 11.8 with a slipping clutch,has more power and better clutch should see the time fall if he races it again

CYA JEFF :Doh:

Was that the old farts silver car?

I went out in a 30 degrees December night last year and did an 11.9 with a 2.19 60'. Also ran a 138mph pass that night.

I obviously need a lot of practice.

I'm now driving my car on a daily basis with a Shell 100ron tune, and will hopefully get back to the track in the next month with the aim of improving the time.

I'm sure the better drivers (Ben or Vic) would probably run a low 11 immediately, but like my auto I see it as my challenge.

I don't know how much the diff will be able to take.... one way to find out.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Quickest from the 23-8-2008 is 11.41@128mph He backed it up with a 11.52. It was a Black Qld Ute with a plazman kit & tuned ??? Going to a powerglide Auto soon.

My best time on the same weekend was 11.67@122.85mph with a 1.838 60 ft. backed up with a 11.69@123.59mph.

best 60ft; 1.752

best speed;123.59mph

No Flat changing & nothing over 5800rpm (except once :spoton: )

Mine has a Nizpro Plenum with custom piping done by Blacktrack Newcastle.

Muzza.

Edited by Muzza
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris,

I try not to practice.

It had a miss on all runs at full boost which ended up being coil pack failure so the is still more in the old girl... got half a dozen little changes to do once I get a chance & I'll be back down on a test & tune Friday.

Muzza.

Edited by Buf-Phoon
  • 3 months later...
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has an updated list of the top 10 or top 20 quickest manual xr6 turbo's / F6 Typhoon's

Cheers

any updates?? is 11.30 still the quickest manual??

omg.... that video in there called mr turbo flutter or wateva (the acid coloured one) at the car car show that sounds insane how the f*ck would I get mine to sound like that what would I need and how much would it cost? I have flash tuner, 60lb injectors, centre muffler removed, walbro pump. wat else would I need to achieve that

Andrew has the set-up to beat this record, and I've got the drive to support him in chasing and beating it too. We've built his engine tough as nails, capable of revving to 7000rpm, so the 45 will sing, coupled with his extremely high flowing exhaust this shouldn't be an issue.

The focus will be on getting the car to launch hard and hold traction in the lower gears