adams355 Member 529 Member For: 9y 5m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/05/21 06:54 AM Posted 13/05/21 06:54 AM (edited) We all know what the manual says and it usually works for 99% of standard cars. We don't have standard cars we have tunes in them and tunes in the ZF, they run way more HP, so the variables change. If you go by the manual you can't put Gulf Western in them. 🐴🌊 Edited 13/05/21 07:04 AM by adams355
adams355 Member 529 Member For: 9y 5m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/05/21 08:07 AM Posted 13/05/21 08:07 AM Gulf Western SYN TS also has different viscosity's to Lifeguard 6. The SYN TS is slightly 'thicker', I talked to Gulf Western about this awhile ago because they actually have a better suited transmission fluid for the ZF but due to the fluid being heated over 80 degrees in the standard ford's transmission/cooler setup they prefer to use the SYN-TS. If you run a cooler and know that it doesn't get over 80 degrees you can use the LV ZF transmission fluid which is the same as Lifeguard 6. When I do my next change I am actually going to run the Amsoil multi LV ATF because it is a true full synthetic and my trans never gets over 80 degrees. So I will be the guinea pig for that, though I have already run a few different brands specified for the ZF with no issues. LG6 26.8 @40°C 5.6 @100°C GW SYN TS 32 @ 40°C 6.7 @ 100°C 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 13/05/21 08:12 AM Posted 13/05/21 08:12 AM I think by this stage it's fair to say, " There's peanut butter, there's honey and there's jam...and you can jam the manual up your arse!" 1
adams355 Member 529 Member For: 9y 5m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/05/21 09:13 AM Posted 13/05/21 09:13 AM Do I get a star for trying? I'm 2 marriages and 2 divorces in surely there is something haha 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 13/05/21 09:17 AM Posted 13/05/21 09:17 AM Haha have a couple of updoots instead, that last post was pretty informative.
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 13/05/21 09:26 AM Posted 13/05/21 09:26 AM Screw you guys - now I want to go outside and top up my cold transmission [emoji1787] 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 13/05/21 09:31 AM Posted 13/05/21 09:31 AM Haha me too and I don't even need to!!!...or do I ??? Only one way to check
cat007 Member 236 Member For: 8y 27d Posted 13/05/21 09:49 AM Posted 13/05/21 09:49 AM Screw you guys - now I want to go outside and top up my cold transmission [emoji1787]Haha I'm the same lol
josh883 Member 44 Member For: 12y 8m 21d Posted 20/06/21 12:13 AM Author Posted 20/06/21 12:13 AM So I'm still having this problem in 2nd and 3rd gear in wot. I'm thinking something is slipping as it's at Max power and load. Can someone tell me if it's bands in the gearbox that changes it into third and is third gear a band engaging?
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 20/06/21 01:18 AM Posted 20/06/21 01:18 AM No bands in a zf buddy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now