Sprint 6 upgrade - GTX3582 or...?

saturnine_07

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

410 on 98 with 18.5psi is much more along the lines I was describing earlier, rather than the 15psi you posted

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Yeh, sorry I shouldnt compare the Nizpro BF with others , it has so many mods. BUT just goes to show what high comp pistons and head work can do..

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Agreed

My old ute made 403rwkw on 98 with only 18psi on a roller dyno so it's doable but it's a manual same as yours which you well know read higher on a dyno

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

the sky's the limit with regard to engine mods, realistically... good job on the power you're making though, as that's stout by any simple measure; both of you.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

All true, I just dont think the factory turbo needs to be upgraded unless you want more than 400 on 98 or 500 on E85.

10 minutes ago, camo86T said:

Agreed

My old ute made 403rwkw on 98 with only 18psi on a roller dyno so it's doable but it's a manual same as yours which you well know read higher on a dyno

Both my cars are manual..

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
7 minutes ago, arronm said:

All true, I just dont think the factory turbo needs to be upgraded unless you want more than 400 on 98 or 500 on E85.

Unless you want earlier spool or to run more than 19psi smoothly all the way to the red-line. :idunno:

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Earlier than 2800. No big turbo will give that..

53 minutes ago, k31th said:

Plus, saying "I have the tuner with the only billet block" means basically nothing as buying a billet block just requires enough money and inclination to spend enough money, not necessarily a thing that says "oh, my tuner can extract more power than anybody has ever done out of a un-modified GT3582R on a Barra...

Who do you thing designed the BLOCK. 4 bolt mains. This is on another level. No other tuner in AUS is near this., except the de-stroked block.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

of course this block you speak of is the best there is (at the moment), there's no doubting that and it's not relevant to this thread.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

true, but it reflects the ability of my tuner, and the claims I have made.  I dont need to exaggerate figures 

OP doesnt need to upgrade his turbo, just modify 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

So what if OP doesn't have access to your sourcerer tuner? He also wants to keep the factory intake. 

A genuine 400 on 98 isn't easy. You risk engine damage, and a lot of tuners don't like pushing it on 98 with the factory frame turbo. 

I've had tunes from 3 different high profile tuners on my manual BF with stock GT3582 and on 98, none have done better than 375kw on 18psi. But it consistently goes 330ish on e85, 18-20psi