k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,111 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/11/19 07:44 AM Posted 01/11/19 07:44 AM well, try the engine block.
Hornblower Member 50 Member For: 23y 8m Location: Spit Junction NSW Posted 01/11/19 08:11 AM Author Posted 01/11/19 08:11 AM OK, just tried that too. One big click on the first try, then the engine fires OK on the second turn.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 01/11/19 08:38 AM Posted 01/11/19 08:38 AM I get the click the 1st time I try to start after a flash
Hornblower Member 50 Member For: 23y 8m Location: Spit Junction NSW Posted 01/11/19 08:42 AM Author Posted 01/11/19 08:42 AM hmmm, so maybe it is related to the ECU, though that was overhauled by Injectronics around 12 months ago. The car's never been flashed though.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 01/11/19 08:51 AM Posted 01/11/19 08:51 AM Could be a solenoid somewhere?
4321 Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 12y 6m 3d Posted 01/11/19 06:00 PM Posted 01/11/19 06:00 PM Put a volt meter on the battery as some one else try's to start it, should be around 10v if it's under this replace battery, if it stays around 12-13v change starter. because you get a 'clack' from the starter the ignition switch, inhibitor, ecu & relay are working. You earthed the jump pack to the block so I assume that the earth is OK . Starters are cheap but they're not easy to change. I recon the FG ones turn the engine over faster & will fit after you cut the extra tag off
Hornblower Member 50 Member For: 23y 8m Location: Spit Junction NSW Posted 01/11/19 08:32 PM Author Posted 01/11/19 08:32 PM Thanks for the tip 4321, I'll give it a go when I'm next back to the car. I'm back at the farm now packing my bags for 10 days in the Hawaiian Islands, so will get back into the detective work when I return in a few weeks...
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/11/19 02:06 AM Posted 02/11/19 02:06 AM (edited) I havnt read the whole thread but have you cleaned the battery terminals. ?? Also check the cable connection at the starter motor Edited 02/11/19 02:07 AM by arronm
Hornblower Member 50 Member For: 23y 8m Location: Spit Junction NSW Posted 02/11/19 03:25 AM Author Posted 02/11/19 03:25 AM No, good tip to clean the battery terminals though, and I'll check the connection to the starter when I get back to the car in a few weeks, Thanks for that
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now