bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/01/19 12:27 PM Posted 10/01/19 12:27 PM that's true, im guilty of doing that one
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 11/01/19 02:19 AM Posted 11/01/19 02:19 AM Well I better get back on topic. I bought my car brand new and within the first 10000km I knew I had a whine. After that I tried to convince ford that there was something wrong and this went on for months. Eventually I got to the point where I threatened to return the car and managed to convince the service manager to go for a drive with me. He knew right away what it was within 5 mins of driving. He told me to go back to the service centre. 2 weeks later I had a new diff installed in the car. Main things I need to point out. The whine happened at 65-67km/h. This is the speed I set my cruise control at quite often in town. The could not be any load on the engine like going up a hill as it would not whine. flat road where the car was coasting is where you could really hear it. I still have a small whine now at about 56km/h but I hardly ever cruise at that speed and the loud exhaust I have cancels it out. I did try changing the diff oil and it did not make a difference. Good luck with the warranty @CaseyVII
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 11/01/19 02:41 AM Posted 11/01/19 02:41 AM I got rid of the wine in my FG by having the diff rebuilt with a Harrop TrueTrac. Did add some extra clunking noises though, so there's that.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,109 Member For: 18y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/01/19 03:02 AM Posted 11/01/19 03:02 AM #usefulfeedback
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 11/01/19 04:08 AM Posted 11/01/19 04:08 AM Solved the extra clunking issue by selling the car. #amidoinitrite?
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 11/01/19 04:14 AM Posted 11/01/19 04:14 AM doubly right
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now