Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 9y 3m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Gap, Brisbane
Posted

Hi fellow boosted ford folk.

 

So I have noticed factory boot lip on my G6ET is lifting at the far edges, to the point now I think it might rip off on my next highway trip.

 

I was wondering if anyone has had this and how they rectified it? my main questions are as such;

 

  1. what is the best way to remove it so I can re attached. I was thinking some fishing line back and forward between the tape and the boot? but I'm sure there might be a better way. 
  2. Is it held on by any screws? or is it the double sided looking tape/silicon stuff I can see under there it?
  3. What is the material that is holding it down? it looks like either double sided tape or even a silicon type adhesive, I want to be sure I buy the correct stuff to re-attach.
  4. Is there some sort of better material to hold it down to stop it lifting again? anyone had success with a particular product?

 

any help would be very appreciated, thanks in advance :)

 

Ben

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 9y 3m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Gap, Brisbane
Posted

nothing guys? no one has experienced this?

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

nope :idunno:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 9y 3m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Gap, Brisbane
Posted

all good, I guess ill just wing it hahaha

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I've heard about it being sikaflex or something similar... that's all I know :) surely somebody else has experienced it and can comment.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 9y 3m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Gap, Brisbane
Posted

 yeah I think old mate in that other post has hahah funny timing....cheers bud

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 8y 6m 29d
Posted

Hey mate just getting back to you in regards to your spoiler. Took my car to panel shop today and it turns out that mine had sikaflex added at a later date, not like that from factory. The panelbeater has done a few and he rekons just spray under and around your spoiler where u can see the double sided adhesive, with an orange agent type of gunk and adhesive remover, let it sit 15 mins, then should come right off with the fishing line under it trick. He said mine was probably coming loose like yours is and someone glued it back on. So definately only double sided tape used from ford factory mate. He recommended taking it off using above steps and re tape it all again using 3m automotive double sided tape. Thought I better let u no mate, as my last post to you would of probably put u off the thought of doing it. Good luck!!

  • 1 month later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 9y 3m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Gap, Brisbane
Posted

thanks heaps for getting back to me mate, I was just going to attack the corners with sika hahah, would of ended up in the same position. I will try the method you have suggested first. thanks again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...