Ozkart13

Turbo side intake installation question

Pull down on the high pressure line and it will bend gently without stressing the hardline 

then rotate the metal intake pipe clockwise a touch on the silicon that’s joined to the turbo inlet 

it will mean the pod wants to point towards the fuse box/lid more but then adjust the pod clamp onto the intake tube to line it up better 

Edited by JETURBO

Thanks Jet, a little gentle persuasion is the key hey? I think we worked that out though the job isn't yet done. We fell over at the battery relonstage though. My slightly larger battery won't fit so it is looking like a boot relocation instead.

She's a runner, one last question though. Should the small vacuum line that runs from the plennum to the blow off valve be open or blocked off after the BOV is removed?

@Kanga it's a partially enclosed box with a hole in the side, doesn't get any simpler than that. 

If you've got the skills to make it with a pattern then you won't have any issues without one, will just take longer.

Thanks camo86T, that's a good point. I did manage to find one at Antzperformance and he has them on special for $145 so I thought that was cheap enough. CNC Laser cut and folded in aluminium, and powder coated in Satin Black. Come with all the bolts too.

Damn that's cheap, get on it

I was going to say I'll post up some pics of the one I made but srsly if it's not junk, $145 is less than what your time's worth...

Ok to clarify I thought for some reason it was the kit including silicone bend etc, don't think plaz or PW sells separate components of theirs.

Still not bad pricing though 

Edit

What's that k31th?

Edited by camo86T

I can't see this being a problem, car has been retuned with GFB BOV, Process West IC and custom intake. It's sucking better than a 50 yo hooker. Makes all the right noises too. 🤣

Yeah that's what I thought Camo, it should look pro enough to satisfy rego. The guy I use is a stickler now that he has been caught being dodgy. 🤣

IMG_9292-edit-scaled.jpg