Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

The second wheel is billet alloy not cast like the stock unit. Honestly without the larger wheel and comp cover I've been told it's not worth the effort or time to replace the stock wheel.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

I dont altogether agree.

Even If you get the same size, and keep the 0.5 cover, the billet wheel is lighter because it's machined, and less material for same size wheel therefore slightly faster spool and fractionally more airflow.

 

 

 

 

 

That's what I tell myself anyway lol.

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted (edited)

$200 for wheel

$100 for fit and balance check

$300 to a billionty for a tune

 

Makes 14 more goat power.

 

Not worth it for me.

Edited by Puffwagon
  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
This is more what I was getting at though.

I want to just chuck a billet wheel on but f I was going to get a retune and balanced I would just go and get the comp cover and billet wheel done at the same time.

Also for crazy spool noises.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Both good points, I sort of lost focus on what the op was wanting to do and just got busy defending my special turbo lol.

 

I agree, def not worth doing as a standalone mod. My gt3576 had died and I got a used 3540 in good nick with a 12lb actuator for $450.

Was doing intercooler, intake and injector mods at the same time so tune wasn't optional.

Billet wheel $200, fit and balance it all $180, sexy l spool - free, so not too bad.

 

I'll shut up now ;)

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 3d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I had to replace my stock wheel (damaged) on my 3540 so got the 11 blade Kinguawa wheel. I did it with the turbo on the car, would not recommend but can be done.

 

The first thing I noticed was it quietened the bearing noise of the turbo heaps. I  think its a much better wheel than the original, a bit lighter from memeory. Bum dyno more power everywhere, revs better, nicer to drive, would recommend.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

I'd do it too if my wheel was damaged as there will be money spent either way. Stand alone not so much but that is up to the individual.

 

This would be a very cheap repair/upgrade whether or not labour and balance checking was paid for.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...