rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 16/02/17 04:18 AM Author Posted 16/02/17 04:18 AM Yes zero missing never occurred on load previously. Mine are the 0.9 platinum plugs. It sounds backwards like you said, a weak spark should blow out on boost, now that I should be getting a stronger spark it should be better not worse. Something else I did which I thought was unrelated but might not have been was I also unplugged all the injectors and massaged the plugs a little. Perhaps it was not a spark problem atfer all.
Ale Member 249 Member For: 15y 1m 6d Posted 16/02/17 04:31 AM Posted 16/02/17 04:31 AM (edited) Getting the injectors flowed properly is cheap enough these days, rule them out Edited 16/02/17 04:32 AM by Ale
rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 16/02/17 04:31 AM Author Posted 16/02/17 04:31 AM (edited) Fairly new ID1000s with the flow test data, about ~1.5 years ago put in. Would you still bother? I'll try regapping the plugs though, can you get 0.7s off the shelf? If not what is it worth to buy a gapping tool. Edited 16/02/17 04:32 AM by rollex
Ale Member 249 Member For: 15y 1m 6d Posted 16/02/17 04:32 AM Posted 16/02/17 04:32 AM (edited) IDs seem to be the ducks guts around here, "shrug". Double check the injector plugs? fuel pump on its way out? Edited 16/02/17 04:36 AM by Ale
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 16/02/17 04:38 AM Posted 16/02/17 04:38 AM Haha bang them on a hard surface. I don't know if you can get them gapped that small off the shelf. I suppose you could look up a chart online.
rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 16/02/17 04:42 AM Author Posted 16/02/17 04:42 AM I used to do that with a feeler guage but found it would end up squishing closer when I took the gauge out, felt a bit too inprecise though anything is worth a shot atm.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/02/17 04:53 AM Posted 16/02/17 04:53 AM (edited) 37 minutes ago, rollex said: Fairly new ID1000s with the flow test data, about ~1.5 years ago put in. Would you still bother? I'll try regapping the plugs though, can you get 0.7s off the shelf? If not what is it worth to buy a gapping tool. Get genuine ford gas plugs. Try Ebay http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/6-x-Genuine-Ford-Falcon-BA-LPG-Spark-Plugs-SK20R7-Gas-Dual-Dedicated-Iridium-/200973896683?hash=item2ecafa4beb%3Ag%3APGwAAOSwfcVUK5hp&_trkparms=pageci%3Afc515113-f405-11e6-a47d-005056b23ff6%7Cparentrq%3A45528e0115a0a357c849da29fff3aa5d%7Ciid%3A8 Edited 16/02/17 05:09 AM by arronm
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 16/02/17 04:54 AM Posted 16/02/17 04:54 AM It doesn't have to be precise. You'll find that there is a fairly wide range that the plugs will perform satisfactorily. You shouldn't close them onto the feeler gauge. You should tap them closed gently and check them periodically. A feeler gauge should slide through a gap with just a small amount of friction. If it's tight then the gap should be opened up.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/02/17 05:11 AM Posted 16/02/17 05:11 AM You need to be skilled to gap a 0.4mm electrode iridium plug. 1
rollex Member 683 Member For: 12y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Australia Posted 16/02/17 05:12 AM Author Posted 16/02/17 05:12 AM Yeah to be honest I'll probably mess it up and have the electrode drop into the piston knowing my luck. I might just buy a gapper and do it properly. On another topic I read the ID1000 EV adaptors can screw up, has anyone had this happen to them?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now