Lewis New Member 19 Member For: 10y 4m 29d Posted 26/11/16 07:59 PM Posted 26/11/16 07:59 PM Hi there. I am suspect of the standard heat exchanger that cools the transmission on my FG Xr50 turbo ute. I do not want to install a kit with wheel arch mounted radiator but would rather fit a quality heat exchanger that fits in the same spot as the standard item. does any one know of such a thing and if so can someone point me in the right direction. I am bout to drive from Sydney to Adelaide across the desert and want to not stress about the milkshake effect. thanks lewis
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/11/16 09:46 PM Posted 26/11/16 09:46 PM Hi Lewis
Lewis New Member 19 Member For: 10y 4m 29d Posted 26/11/16 09:50 PM Author Posted 26/11/16 09:50 PM howdy
skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 26/11/16 10:55 PM Posted 26/11/16 10:55 PM man I just told my mechanic to throw a new standard replacement on with new coolant. would test for stray current in the cooling system which is what I think could be responsible for premature failure. if you replace every 40,000kms/2years it'll be fine. 1
ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 21d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 26/11/16 10:58 PM Posted 26/11/16 10:58 PM Only way to be 100% certain and remove any risk of milkshaking that box is to fark it off.
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 23d Posted 26/11/16 10:58 PM Posted 26/11/16 10:58 PM $500 for aftermaket cant remember what one mine was but worked great!
ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 21d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 26/11/16 11:00 PM Posted 26/11/16 11:00 PM I bought a kit that goes behind the intercooler for $190 and added a bit of hose so I could move it behind the fog light. Works a charm.
Lewis New Member 19 Member For: 10y 4m 29d Posted 26/11/16 11:18 PM Author Posted 26/11/16 11:18 PM dont suppose you can remember for me? I want to get this sorted asap
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 23d Posted 26/11/16 11:29 PM Posted 26/11/16 11:29 PM (edited) 30 minutes ago, ROB83R said: I bought a kit that goes behind the intercooler for $190 and added a bit of hose so I could move it behind the fog light. Works a charm. Mine was mounted there also, I had it fitted with the new cooler ans stuff at pbe. Lewis, I honestly have no idea on what one it is atm. Can find out by tomorrow arvo for ya though? Its sitting in a work shop with a bunch of other stuff I pulled off the car. If its compatible to the zf from btr which I cant see why not @JETURBO ill happily send it to u as ill be throwing it in the bin otherwise. Edited 26/11/16 11:30 PM by BAXRTUTE
ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 21d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 26/11/16 11:51 PM Posted 26/11/16 11:51 PM (edited) It will need the right fittings for the box I think. I think the btr has metal lines from the box to the radiator. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1115442376?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms this kit comes with 3m of hose you just need another 3 meters and a 5/8 male on male hose joiner or a new hose to bypass the coolant valve thingy under the inlet manifold. Edited 26/11/16 11:55 PM by ROB83R
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now