Budget build for power, max power on f6 components?

Sabo

• Member For: 13y 2m 1d
7 hours ago, Ale said:

I got gifted a HDI cooler kit and ummed and arghed about putting it in my car. Not cos it wouldn't support the power I'm after, but the amount of cutting required to make it fit.

I didn't do that to my G series, I sure as hell wouldn't chop up the front of a F6. I sold it on.

It is a very nicely made kit, but in terms of fitment, its a cock up, they've got a generic cooler and "tweaked" it to fit a falcon, thus the butchering required.

My suggestion is to look at the stepped coolers, from cheap to expensive:

1) PWR

2) Process West

3) Johny Tig

The Intune piping kit should work with all of the above and the best value for money at under $300 delivered, or run the gauntlet with factory plastic until it pops

Are you saying there is not much of an upgrade from the fg f6 cooler and the stage 1 process west? to jump straight to the stage 2?

2 hours ago, BAXRTUTE said:

Id suggest pm jeturbo as he can get his hands on just about anything and for better prices! 

Where r u located? Whom are u looking at for tuning?

power isnt cheap, though u have one of the best cars on the planet as a base to improve ( if the right gear is added to the car )

PMed JETURBO, see if he has the time and effort to sorting out what I am after,

Located in SE SUBURBS Victoria, I got my old 404rwkw rb25/30 skyline build by Dan at Boosted Automotive (Parents business is Springy Performance/Motors), so I will probably get him to install the goodies and tune it at Springy Motors

EDIT: Im not a burnout type of guy, im more of a try steering it straight without letting go of the pedal, would oil pump gears still be recomended?

Edited by Sabo

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 9d
33 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Seems like if doing it properly, best to do it right first time.

I think I will go ahead and order the process west stage 1 cooler, or get the stage 2 for 380-400rwkw? as this is the largest cooler that can be installed without modifying or cutting anything.

Do the factory oil pump gears fail at the power Im looking at? As your the first to recommend it honestly,

Dump and cat will get, placed the venom cat up for sale already. Standard rear catback will suit 380-400? or best to get catback too to avoid future problems.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Anything small? Cooler thermostat? Throttle body replacement pipe? Seems plugs have to be replugged to 0.75.

As the boys above have just said, high power limiter bashing will end in disaster at some point!! There are guys running high 400rw with stock pump gears and have had no dramas ( as yet )

your zorst will cope with 380ish rw maybe more.... though again the more u push the engine without the right bolt ons the more the repair bills will cost at some point.

( Buy at once do it once save in the long run ) 

• Like 1

Feels like the build of the car is going to go through the roof to do it the right way, ordering pump gears tonight......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-BA-BF-FG-XR6-Turbo-F6-Billet-Oil-Pump-Gears-Set-Billet-4340-NEW-/282239426040?hash=item41b6c7ddf8:g:50sAAOSwys5WU~TZ

Saw this, $140 cheaper then Instyle motorsports oil pump gears, does something not add up? Both made from same steel too... If all green light, Ill place the order, ebay have a 10% off code at the moment so may as well take advantage of it.

May have to get full exhaust dump to catback.

Does anyone have any recomendations? Theres a bloke selling a second hand one for sub $1,000. Though with a gutted cat not a hi flow one. (cheeky)

Stage 1 intercooler safe for 400rwkw? If so, will just order that tonight too. And be done with the headache

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 9d

Honestly mate, wait for @JETURBO to respond to your pm, he will head u in the right direction and get u some great deals on many items. 

No point rushing today.... info has been provided by many of us no bodies lols.

If u are gonna do pump gears u need to do the pump and backing plate with it! ( Atomic ftw every day of the week )

• Like 1

You dont think Stage 1 is capable of handling say 400rwkw?

Your the second person to tell me this, that it is more common to occur in manual cars then it is in autos. And that auto is generally safe up to 500kw

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Feels like the build of the car is going to go through the roof to do it the right way, ordering pump gears tonight......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-BA-BF-FG-XR6-Turbo-F6-Billet-Oil-Pump-Gears-Set-Billet-4340-NEW-/282239426040?hash=item41b6c7ddf8:g:50sAAOSwys5WU~TZ

Saw this, $140 cheaper then Instyle motorsports oil pump gears, does something not add up? Both made from same steel too... If all green light, Ill place the order, ebay have a 10% off code at the moment so may as well take advantage of it.

May have to get full exhaust dump to catback.

Does anyone have any recomendations? Theres a bloke selling a second hand one for sub $1,000. Though with a gutted cat not a hi flow one. (cheeky)

Stage 1 intercooler safe for 400rwkw? If so, will just order that tonight too. And be done with the headache

I see parts made out of the same material daily.  Is no guarantee of quality 

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 30d

lol a 12 month warranty so if you oil pump gears explode they'll supply new oil pump gears. what top blokes!

although I doubt any supplier of oil pump gears would pay for the engine if their part failed.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Update for those,

Ended up with 450rwkw on e85

Here is the mod list:

Mod list:
4" DUMP - 3.5" XFORCETurbo back system
66mm Race equipped turbo 
12psi Actuator and ported flapper
Process west stage 2 intercooler 
Upgraded Valvesprings 
ARP headstuds 
1000cc injectors 
Walbro 416 fuel pump

Herrod Intake
Zf auto edit
Maxx performance tuned

Will be getting surge tanks, twin 044 bosch, battery relocation and turbo side intake and going in for a re tune. See if I can crack the 500 mark before I crack my motor. This will happen all within two weeks. All work done by Zane at Maxx Performance

• Like 1