Budget build for power, max power on f6 components?

Sabo

• Member For: 13y 2m 1d
1 hour ago, BAXRTUTE said:

The CAI is average! For the extra $500 to get the battery relo kit it goes along way to saving the turbo and engine imo.

Plus more wasps for less boost :wwww:

As for the OP u have a F6 mate, budget 6-8k do it once and have a smashing 400rwkw ride.

Do it cheap and do it wrong will cost 25k in the end!!!!!!!!!

Lolsssss hard.

Your saying the herrod CAI to ditch and get a battery relocation kit and turbo side intake??? I had that in the back of my mind. Just annoying as I already bought the CAI, but if its worth it, I may just do that.

What I learnt from my old car was the faster it goes, the more sh*t that breaks, from hours of lurking on the forums, it seems that 400 is the most these can take without pulling out the boxes and motors etc..

the plazmaman looks very similiar to the ebay cooler core but I assume alot thicker.

I may just go ahead, get the cooler piping kit, stick with the f6 cooler (for now). and get a process west core later on if I get sick of 340-360 rwkw. 

And get a 4" dump and hiflow cat to accomodate, ditch the venom cat, they good for only 320??

11 hours ago, samhouston said:

Making the power on a dyno sometimes is fairly easy, but some cars make power right at the top of the curve and nowhere else.

Reliability can also be an issue.

Rather than a power figure maybe consider what you want to do with your car.

A car that makes 300kw but comes on nice and early will often feel faster than a car with 400kw that has a lot of lag and comes on late.

I think once you work out what your aim is with your car then you can work out how to achieve that.

I think at the end of the day, the smartest and wisest thing would be reliable power(for me anyway), instead of putting as much fuel and air into the motor as possible. I dont see the fun in pulling out motor and rebuilding it etc

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 30d

With the stock cooler, you'll get one good squirt then a noticeable decrease in power that'll piss you off and leave you unsatisfied. I believe the F6 cooler isn't much better than the stock FG cooler.

Don't take this the wrong way, we are all genuinely looking out for your best interests, especially BAXRTUTE whose like the forum advocate for doing things right the first time.

Basically you can save money now to spend it in the future or you can spend money now to save it in the future. it usually ends up more expensive to spend the money in the future..

Just now, Sabo said:

Your saying the herrod CAI

I think he is referring to the plaz under battery turboside intake.  I hate it cause the silicone going to front of turbo is a bitch to remove and you can tell virtually everyone whose worked on my car has had a bitch of a time removing and replacing it. the issue I believe is the pipe has a turn before it goes to the filter under the bumper and I reckon it becomes too narrow and thus a restriction at that point. im not sure if this part is only for the b series or not though.

should be fine with what you got, definitely recommend the intercooler though.

Edited by skidxr6t

• Member For: 12y 8m 2d

Think you will find that the Stage 1 Plazma kit will be similar thickness to factory F6 one and the cheaper ebay kits.

HDI is 3" thick core as are the stage 2 & 3 kits from Plazma ,PW and John, thus why you have to cut bits out of your car and in some case space out our radiator.

HDI glossy: http://fgpower.com/

fitting instructions are here: http://www2.hybrid-power.com/installation/installation/FGXR6.pdf but they play down the butchering involved

For the good of the Forum, I've attached the instructions Plazma and PWR happily supplied me when shopping, PW ignored my attempts at contacting them numerous times, both by phone and email.

PWI6706 Fitting Instructions FG Xr6T & F6.pdf

FG TURBO 800 1000HP KIT-NEW.pdf

Edited by Ale

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 30d
Just now, Ale said:

Think you will find that the Stage 1 Plazma kit will be similar thickness to factory F6 one and the cheaper ebay kits.

Correct me if I am wrong but I tried to look it up and best I could find is the standard FG cooler is 370 x 255 x 55mm , the FG F6 cooler is 370 x 380 x 45mm .

So a plaz FG 700hp is 400 x 380 x 63mm and the 800hp FG cooler is 460 x 400 x 76mm

and my BF plaz 1000hp cooler is 500x400x76mm so the crash bar has been chopped up to accomodate this lol.

Edited by skidxr6t

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 9d

Im running the plaz 1000hp as well, I did the cutting myself as pretty handy with a angle grinder and then coated in primer.

To me its a miner issue when the gains are so much more impressive!

I got my plaz for $1800 which was 1k less then PW wanted for there similar kits.

Didnt know of tig coolers at the time which was a bitch as id have a 1800hp tig cooler fitted up instead.

OP im talking about the plaz CAI kit I had... does the job yes but for minimal costs there is much better options that only improve the turbo the engine and the final results.

Id suggest pm jeturbo as he can get his hands on just about anything and for better prices! 

A F6 will take a flogging with the right gear bolted to it. Jet just tuned one to 560rwkw with a stock driveline!!!

This would be my to do list

Fuel pump must have

1000cc jets must have

Cooler must have

Trans cooler must have

Dump & cat must have

Zorst id recommend xforce twin 2.5s ( zero drone ) and again helps the turbo and engine!!!

Valve springs is a maybe, id just do them anyway.

Atomic oil pump gears ( recommend ) 

Where r u located? Whom are u looking at for tuning?

power isnt cheap, though u have one of the best cars on the planet as a base to improve ( if the right gear is added to the car )

Edited by BAXRTUTE

Not sure man, I had a CAPA stage 1 thing in my BF and no cutting was required, but cant recall if it was 63mm or 75mm, I think the former and it was hard up against the back of the steel crash bar.

Im sure some one else will confirm. I do think F series in general require more cutting than B series to fit any cooler

26 minutes ago, skidxr6t said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I tried to look it up and best I could find is the standard FG cooler is 370 x 255 x 55mm , the FG F6 cooler is 370 x 380 x 45mm .

So a plaz FG 700hp is 400 x 380 x 63mm and the 800hp FG cooler is 460 x 400 x 76mm

and my BF plaz 1000hp cooler is 500x400x76mm so the crash bar has been chopped up to accomodate this lol.

Not sure man, I had a CAPA stage 1 thing in my BF and no cutting was required, but cant recall if it was 63mm or 75mm, I think the former and it was hard up against the back of the steel crash bar.

Im sure some one else will confirm. I do think F series in general require more cutting than B series to fit any cooler

• Member For: 13y 2m 1d
1 hour ago, BAXRTUTE said:

Im running the plaz 1000hp as well, I did the cutting myself as pretty handy with a angle grinder and then coated in primer.

To me its a miner issue when the gains are so much more impressive!

I got my plaz for $1800 which was 1k less then PW wanted for there similar kits.

Didnt know of tig coolers at the time which was a bitch as id have a 1800hp tig cooler fitted up instead.

OP im talking about the plaz CAI kit I had... does the job yes but for minimal costs there is much better options that only improve the turbo the engine and the final results.

Id suggest pm jeturbo as he can get his hands on just about anything and for better prices! 

A F6 will take a flogging with the right gear bolted to it. Jet just tuned one to 560rwkw with a stock driveline!!!

This would be my to do list

Fuel pump must have

1000cc jets must have

Cooler must have

Trans cooler must have

Dump & cat must have

Zorst id recommend xforce twin 2.5s ( zero drone ) and again helps the turbo and engine!!!

Valve springs is a maybe, id just do them anyway.

Atomic oil pump gears ( recommend ) 

Where r u located? Whom are u looking at for tuning?

power isnt cheap, though u have one of the best cars on the planet as a base to improve ( if the right gear is added to the car )

Seems like if doing it properly, best to do it right first time.

I think I will go ahead and order the process west stage 1 cooler, or get the stage 2 for 380-400rwkw? as this is the largest cooler that can be installed without modifying or cutting anything.

Do the factory oil pump gears fail at the power Im looking at? As your the first to recommend it honestly,

Dump and cat will get, placed the venom cat up for sale already. Standard rear catback will suit 380-400? or best to get catback too to avoid future problems.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Anything small? Cooler thermostat? Throttle body replacement pipe? Seems plugs have to be replugged to 0.75.