Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NQ
Posted

is that with the IMS kit? mine sounded like that before the diff bolt snapped

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 3m 22d
Posted
On 10/12/2016 at 8:56 AM, Ralph Wiggum said:

PK part number is the newer dual density Polylast bush. Personally I'd (and will be when my IMS hat goes in) go stock ford front. The IMS hat will stop the uneven side torque load that kills the lhf bush.

Have you had yours installed and who/where did you get it done?

  • 2 months later...
  • To Loud
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA, Perth
Posted

I am pretty sure that Luke will be doing his install, if he hasn't already done it.

  • 4 years later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 19d
Posted

I know I'm reviving an old thread here but having just replaced my CAT600 bushes with the IMS kit, I thought I'd share my thoughts on both setups.

 

The CAT600 setup with Nolethane bush served my well in my Kenne Bell supercharged XR8 for about 6 years and 50,000 k's with daily driving and the occasional thrashing. There was increased NHV as was to be expected from such a stiff type bush, but it was not unacceptable.

 

Recently the CAT bushes had enough and thrashed out so I replaced them with an IMS diff hat kit with the Superpro bushes and I was very surprised how much quieter it was compared to the old bushes, even when they were new.

 

The car also now has zero axle tramp which it still did have a little bit with the CAT bushes and running Shockworx coilovers.

 

So the CAT bushes were good with the standard layout but the IMS kit, I think, addresses a basic design flaw in the original Ford design with out really increasing NVH. I'm very happy with it and recommend it.

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 19d
Posted

Thanks mate. Yeah, car is manual. Axle tramp was very mild with the CAT bushes but noticeable. No tramp at all now, it either grips up or spins the tyres but no bouncing up and down.

  • Like 2
  • To Loud
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA, Perth
Posted

Good to know that. thanks for the feedback. I now know what I gotta do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...