hey all, about to pull the trigger on the IMS diff kit and am a bit confused as to whether I should also order the extra front diff mount bushes? did anyone else buy this extra who fit this diff kit? the car had a bit of work done at pedders a few years ago replacing all sorts of bushes in the rear end so not sure if this bush also got changed. 

cheers

While it's apart, you may as well replace the two side diff bushes as well. The rest only need to be replaced on a case-by-case basis, imho.

• Like 1

PK part number is the newer dual density Polylast bush. Personally I'd (and will be when my IMS hat goes in) go stock ford front. The IMS hat will stop the uneven side torque load that kills the lhf bush.

• Like 1

I would if I was running a factory setup. 

But given the ims unit runs rubber bushes and channels the torque reaction from the diff into the two rear mounts I don't see the need for poly in the front. 

• Like 1

I know the BAs run a factory solid front side diff bush.  Will these fit BFas well. To me those voids are Inbuilt cracks just waiting to tear 

Edited by arronm

Stiffness equals vibration or noise possibly.

There was a guy on facebook the other day that still had axle tramp with this kit cause he used standard Ford front bushes.

The front needs to be as stiff as the rear to stop the diff rotating both ways under power.

I have felt a small amount of tramp a couple of times with mine, when it's wet and it's on the limit of grip.  Pretty sure it was tramp anyway...was that rapid hitting feeling coming from the rear.

I had brand new stock bushes put in there after the mechanic requested that to ensure precise fitment.  My kings/koni suspension is probably coming up to about 175,000km old though so not sure if that would be contributing.

20 minutes ago, gaz097 said:

Stiffness equals vibration or noise possibly.

There was a guy on facebook the other day that still had axle tramp with this kit cause he used standard Ford front bushes.

The front needs to be as stiff as the rear to stop the diff rotating both ways under power.

What shocks/spring/tyres/power level was he running? 

• Like 1

I have the CAT600 front bushes in mine. Absolutely no difference in road noise over the standard bushes. Personally, I think that having the stiffer front bushes are a benefit  and provide torsional stiffness in the IRS frame. My like the aftermarket engine mounts benefit the front end. 

• Like 1

^ that's only good advice if you've got a loud exhaust, loud fuel pumps, horny turbo noise, air intake noise etc...on more conservative cars the CAT600 bushes are loud.

• Like 2

The cat bushes transfer a lot  of bearing and diff noise.  Dan is correct.  I have heard them first hand.  My full nolathane in BA and BF are half as noisy . The new round nolathane rear bush with voided sides in the territory are quite as. 

• Like 1

nolathane diff bushs just clocked over 1 year old the other day. done by XFT actually. they charged the guy $995. most of that time has been with me hahahaha!

Edited by skidxr6t
8 hours ago, arronm said:

My full nolathane in BA and BF are half as noisy

You also have exhaust, fuel pumps etc though.

But even the Super Pro solid bushes I had in my XR6T were considerably quieter than the CAT600 bushes were in my GT.

• Like 1