Future Legacy Donating Member 116 Member For: 15y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/04/16 04:26 AM Posted 14/04/16 04:26 AM Hey all, I am getting missing on full boost and it just sounds like a spark issue with a coil or coils. A few tuners say just use genuine but what about these ones on ebay that say the spark reaction time is 1ms (4x faster) and the spark itself carrys more kv's. Any opinions? Cheers Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 14/04/16 04:27 AM Posted 14/04/16 04:27 AM Genuine seems the be the general consensus
Future Legacy Donating Member 116 Member For: 15y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/04/16 04:45 AM Author Posted 14/04/16 04:45 AM Yea it does however my 12month old genuine ones have just crapped out would have expected longer life. Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 14/04/16 04:57 AM Posted 14/04/16 04:57 AM One of my genuine has crapped itself as well
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/04/16 05:20 AM Posted 14/04/16 05:20 AM 33 minutes ago, Future said: Yea it does however my 12month old genuine ones have just crapped out would have expected longer life. Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk Pull it out, remove the boot clean any crap off the springs reinstall the boot and then the coil. coat the boot with dielectric grease to stop any tracking.
Future Legacy Donating Member 116 Member For: 15y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/04/16 05:24 AM Author Posted 14/04/16 05:24 AM Thanks mate ill give this a try. Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 14/04/16 06:02 AM Posted 14/04/16 06:02 AM VDO coils have been going strong in my car for like 125,000km now. Rumours that they were making them OEM for Ford.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/04/16 06:19 AM Posted 14/04/16 06:19 AM Coils get the Goils 1
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 2m 26d Gender: Male Posted 14/04/16 12:06 PM Posted 14/04/16 12:06 PM *sigh* flame suit on Im running weaponX. Yes expensive, yes not mainstream. I had an issue, rang the distrubuter to sort it on a weekend and I felt I was well looked after. I have heard lots of anecdotes of weaponX products and customer being no good. I hear a lot more issues with non OEM AND genuine ignition causing issue. I am not aware of others on the site that have gone down this road and had issues. In fact I am not aware of others that have them at all. No I'm not endorsing them. I will report back any issues if I do
Future Legacy Donating Member 116 Member For: 15y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/04/16 12:58 PM Author Posted 14/04/16 12:58 PM Thanks for your feedback FiftyOne. Have you noticed any of those improvements they claim to have? Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now