Cylinder Compression

Future

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 24d

Hi All,

I can't find much around the forums regarding where compression in each cylinder should be with our motors.

I currently have a bf typhoon 07 motor and have just had compression tests done and was informed all cylinders are between 180-185.

My reason to the test is that my breather hose on top of motor slowly comes off when I am boosting hard meaning potentially to much pressure in the head.

What could be causing the issue with the breather hose? (I have replaced the clamp)

Is the compression good?

What should I be expecting?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d

Comp is good. As long as its equal across cylinders (which it is) I wouldn't be too concerned.

I have found if that hose is plumed back into the intake track(which it is from factory) it will push off when you shut the throttle. This is even worse if you have blocked your blow off valve.

I was watching my dipstick lift out on the dyno when the throttle was chopped quickly. Removed the hose from the intake and no more lift. So I fitted a catch can lol

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 24d

Thanks Gaz,

Mine goes to turbo side airbox and I am using the factory BOV

I have been thinking of an oil catch can, did this remove the issue entirely? and should I look for any particular oil catch cans?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d

Ahh I used a small hose clamp as well to secure it on lol. Need to replace it at the moment as its split.

And I am not the person to talk to about catch cans as I'm using a catch bottle. And by bottle I mean Gatorade bottle haha

• Like 4