RIPGMH Legacy Donating Member 302 Member For: 22y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/10/15 08:24 PM Posted 16/10/15 08:24 PM Hi fellow members ,just wondering how the FPV FG r spec launch control works ?Is it purely ECU controlling torque , is it a separate module ? , is this feature available through the Ford spare parts dept ?,Im sure this would be handy addition to launch my FPV F6,auto off the line , other turbo fans may also be interested in a group buy lol ,thanks in advance
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 06/11/15 06:47 AM Posted 06/11/15 06:47 AM I thought that only the manuals got launch control.
Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/11/15 07:32 AM Posted 06/11/15 07:32 AM Yep manual only
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 10/11/15 05:05 AM Posted 10/11/15 05:05 AM thanks for verifying, well since we are on the topic, how does it work.I have attempted several times to get this to work, with little success.I think I have got it to work maybe once or twice.I think it might be the fact that I mash the go fast pedal after I release the clutch.Maybe I should wait a bit more and then mash the go fast pedal.
johnt New Member 6 Member For: 16y 8m 7d Gender: Male Posted 20/08/22 11:24 AM Posted 20/08/22 11:24 AM Both the manual & automatic version have it. Manual: first gear, clutch in & full throttle - engine will spin up to 3,000 RPM. Release clutch & enjoy the ride. Automatic: Trans in neutral & full throttle - engine will spin up to 3,000 RPM. Pull trans into D & enjoy the ride. Both versions: traction control intervenes & prevents massive tyre smoking & hopefully, no drivetrain damage. I wouldn't do it too often, as the diff mounting bushes will eventually fail.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 20/08/22 01:37 PM Posted 20/08/22 01:37 PM 2 hours ago, johnt said: Automatic: Trans in neutral & full throttle - engine will spin up to 3,000 RPM. Pull trans into D & enjoy the ride. edit: I don't think there's a launch control on the auto's, just a cut-off if you stall it up for too long (can be edited out) 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 21/08/22 02:12 AM Posted 21/08/22 02:12 AM You can switch it on for autos in the tune. You need to use PCMTec to do this and it needs to be set up a little differently, due to the trans having load in gear vs the manual working in neutral. Haha I do not recommend revving your car and slamming it into drive, however much maximum respect you gain from doing so. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now