Front Diff Ratios/options

Grego.77

• Member For: 9y 5m

LOL @ Radius bushes. Yeah shes booked in @ Sydney suspension (I think they call themselves) out @ Penrith. Really good bunch of guys got me under the hoist while they stressed the front. Im not exaggerating when I say this but iv got over 4" of movement. My front diff bushes are rs/broken my rear is starting to show signs of wear (215,000km) some how my lower ball joints and inner bushes are ok which Pedders said are RS. Ill buy a truetrack rear while they do it.

• Like 1

I know the stock tc will hold out for a short while which is what that green beast is maybe running. I just hate building a car and not doing it right the first time and never having to do it again.

My EX owned a 4 Coupe Monaro with the 427 option. I broke the tc in it just out of warranty. Expensive Daewoo was nice enough to repair it still under warranty when I asked on the design of the tc the guy said they are actually belt driven inside and the Fords are running a chain?? My workshop manual is absaloutly useless but Ill pull it down next week or so. I never inteded to build this car so far but the engine was due for a rebuild (75psi in no2 cylinder 90psi in no5) and that was after doing a head-on valve spring upgrade. The exhaust wasnt the best so that turned into a 4" dump going through to a 3.5" looked for an FG motor but they are asking way to much so it turned into an Atomic rod with Mahle pistons set up the turbo core is noisy because it had 4" of burnt oil in the supply line and the surroundings of the flapper/exhaust housing is cracked so that became a pt6466 the tm ic is useless so that became a plazmaman setup its just a never ending story. Im scared to add up how much Iv spent on it and Iv done most of the labour myself. But this tc issue must be sorted.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

I have the Territory service manual on PDF somewhere if you want it in digital format unless that's what you have already?

The 4" dump you have, is that just one from a B series coon or was it custom made? I ask as I have a 4" xforce dump pipe I picked up off Kosij and I was sure they fit but the steering arm looks on a different angle to the falcon?

My plans are just to go to the standard turbo's reliable maximum on 98oct so 18-20psi initial and tapering to 18psi up top once I have intake and exhaust sorted.

Let me know if you swap the battery to the other side also for a 4in intake as I was going to buy just a battery plate with holder today and make up some brackets to weld (or bolt) on the passenger side. I have an under battery intake but would prefer the 4in intake I have!

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 30d

Lol well you have come this far grego and certainty have all the good bits now....custom t/c maybe?

Certainly going to be a fast family hauler.

Edit: apparently Borg Warner make a replacement Torque On Demand t/c for the terry, can't find anything about it being stronger though. Just distributes drive a little differently and can be locked into 50:50

Edited by barnz

What I did was I bought a Plazmaman 4" air box for a BF with a 4" 45* alloy bend cost $200. Looks pretty but doesnt fit. Had to cut a lot of it out due to my hot pipe coming around and down under the drivers side head light. They dont fit at all and come down to short as the terri has a deeper engine bay. Wasted my money. I made it fit but I think it was a waste. I then bought an Odyssey PC925MJT from Ebay $269 than bought an Aeroflow bracket for that battery from Rocket Industries for $110 nutserted and welded nuts to the inside of the face of the body so the battery is verical. I removed the tape from the wiring to flatten it out more and cut off the plastic lip from the fuse box so the battery can sit hard up against the wall. Purchased a Simota low profile 4" air pod fr4om ebay again plus a bit of 45* silicon hose together $50. Ill upload some pics shortly of it. Battery cranks the motor hard and fast and there is a lot of room for air intake and I guess its legal. You can buy the kit from Plazmaman for I think $1100 you wont have to cut the lip off the fuse tray or flatten out the wiring but there setup has the air filter jamed up against the battery.

• Like 1

I was fitting the pt6466 up today and they aint a straight out fit. The housing needs to be spun around the actuator bracket than doesnt line up and also the return oil line is a different fit. The housing is about 1" longer also so your exhaust needs to have the room to move back. Im doing this with engine out I can only imagine how hard it will be with engine in. I would of just ran an 11 blade wheel and got a flapper mod but my core was toast and my housing around the flapper is cracked up. Its cracked that bad that I get an engine code stating waste gate fail to close lol

• Like 1

I got a custom 4" dump made of stainless and asked them to make sure I have the room for heat growth. The dumps are different!! dont buy a generic one off Ebay. Cost of 4" dump with 100cell cat $700. But I kinda know the boys at Liverpool exhaust. Whole system $1500 including dump. If you live in Sydney I could maybe ask the boys to look after you??

• Like 1

Ok so is it just me or is that green beast only 3 wheel drive?? You could mini/full spool or BOC the front diff but remove passenger side inner drive shaft or CV. That would certainly take the stress off the tc. Its impossible for that rear wheel driven Late model camira to stay that close to an all wheel drive or am I wrong?? and he is smoking that front drivers up hard. I dont know but Ill keep researching. Ford quoted me a crazy $8k for a new tc or a 4 speed one (earlier models) for $3800 I had to ask. The Borgwarner option Im guessing will be up there unless I can sorce a 2nd hand one. Maybe an R32/3/5 is something I can adapt. Ken Blocks Muzzy is apparently running a Porche Cayenne front diff and tc.