Bang For Buck Fgt

JETURBO

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Ok lads I wanted to share something on the small end of the spectrum in regards to a very common vehicle and mod path, the old FG XR6T and small outlay for now a good result.

Yeh it might not be a record setting effort but its practical and now has a slip to back up what we predicted at the finish up of tuning on this particular car.

So first thing is everyone wants performance and small outlay, very typically these DONT go hand in hand but even for today's standards this is not bad

2009 FG XR6T with ZF auto

PARTS LIST

FG F6 injectors 42 lb

PIPE KIT ( herrods )

100cpi metal cat

AIR BOX MOD

K&N PANEL FILTER

Walbro 255ltr intank

HP TUNE

98 fuel

that was all the hardware that was attached to performance but this vehicle had a major in house service,zf cooler kit,drag et's to get traction but that's about it.

First up we spent quite a long time custom tuning this car to get a best mix of outright rwkw/average power/repeatability..... Sounds funny but you can mix it up to a nice balance ;)

So it only rolled up 292rwkw with a bunch of stock parts and the tiny cooler always being the achillies heel at this point, but today after a quick check up on thursday it went out and popped off an 11.90 on its first run at 25 degrees ambient and then completed a bunch of 12.05/8/9's all at 114/115mph

I suppose iam quite happy to share this small achievement with the customer as we feel we put alot of effort into the cars we did and hopefully the passion shows in the results, these hard parts are easily accessible to anyone and with correct tuning a similar result can be had for you to.

Happy to chat about anything to help take your FGT into an 11 second street driven beast

0LF9BWp.png

UEVDkew.jpg

oe0mbmd.jpg

• Like 4

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

Well I have 2 questions then ;)

1) you said fg f6 cooler is only slightly better than bf f6 (so slightly better than 280rwkw)...so would a f6 cooler support more than 292rwkw or same same?

2) with the f6 injectors; did they need to be flow tested or cleaned before putting them on the car? I assume they came off a wreck or something therefore sitting around for a while? I was quoted $100 per injector by one mob - meaning I may as well buy kpm injectors at that price.

Other than that; well done to bellend tuning and the driver too!