michaelbbeck New Member 8 Member For: 11y 5m 27d Posted 04/04/15 06:06 AM Posted 04/04/15 06:06 AM Hi guysI have a fg xr6 and can't seem to get power to the ground. Even at average speeds with conservative acceleration I get wheel spins to the point where it's hard to drive. I was driving home earlier and could not accelerate without going sideways. Question 1. How is the dsc, is this normal when on, it almost feels like no dsc. Question 2. My tyres have lots of tread, but maybe the rubber is crap. They are the original rubber. I am looking to upgrade the ecu, turbo, brakes. But hardly worth it if I can't get off the mark under normal conditions. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
michaelbbeck New Member 8 Member For: 11y 5m 27d Posted 04/04/15 06:07 AM Author Posted 04/04/15 06:07 AM Sorry guys, left out its only in the wet. Even at 60 kms if I accelerate a bit hard I go spinning.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 04/04/15 06:33 AM Posted 04/04/15 06:33 AM The right foot is probably your biggest "fixable" item at this point.If you're using so much that you can't drive the car in the wet then adding better tyres is only going to make the reaction/let go far worse when it does happen.Auto or manual? How long have you been driving it? What were you driving prior?If the lack of traction goes beyond what even Mr Bean would find tolerable then get it looked at - there's something wrong.If you're coming from a Camry and still driving like you drove the 4cyl car then you need to look at the way you expect to control the traction yourself.These are cars that I'd be happy to let my grandma drive - they're not undriveable deathtraps - if yours is then either there's something wrong with the car or the driver - the stock car shouldn't bite you unless you tell it to.
michaelbbeck New Member 8 Member For: 11y 5m 27d Posted 04/04/15 07:05 AM Author Posted 04/04/15 07:05 AM Thanks Rab, came from a falcon xr6, and a Subaru Liberty gt. I am a really conservative driver mostly. I was driving home tonight and got to the point that I was cautious to accelerate at all. I am thinking either the dsc is not working or the tyres have gone hard and are slippery in the wet. Been driving for 30 years, hardly a racer.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 04/04/15 07:05 AM Posted 04/04/15 07:05 AM Tyres can go off. I have a 2010 D40 Navara that does the same. I can spin the wheels in the first 4 gears up to 100kmh in the wet. They have plenty of tread left on them. So I do understand.
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/04/15 07:14 AM Posted 04/04/15 07:14 AM (edited) What sort of tyres are we talking about here? I have 275 advans(or some sh*t...) and it will spin them easily in 4th 60k's in the wet. My 245 nexen n6000 would hold 4th as you squeezed to WOT in the same conditions.Tyres make a huge difference and I know what you mean by un drivable. These cheap pos are like driving on an oil slick on ice. Edited 04/04/15 07:16 AM by barnz
michaelbbeck New Member 8 Member For: 11y 5m 27d Posted 04/04/15 07:17 AM Author Posted 04/04/15 07:17 AM I think they are the stock 19 inches that it came with. 2011 model 45k on them.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 04/04/15 08:34 AM Posted 04/04/15 08:34 AM 4 year old tyres.. no wonder. 3
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 04/04/15 09:11 AM Posted 04/04/15 09:11 AM Rubber rubber rubber
michaelbbeck New Member 8 Member For: 11y 5m 27d Posted 04/04/15 09:38 AM Author Posted 04/04/15 09:38 AM So the verdict. Rubber
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now