Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 04/01/15 10:32 AM Posted 04/01/15 10:32 AM Bizarre. At a Paul Morris promo at United Arundel on the Goldie, I spoke to their state manager (I think that's what he said he was) and told him how displeased many were for losing P100. His response was the Ethanol fuel didn't really sell in their lower grade fuels. I thought P100 would have been a good seller though.I'll have to see if this stuff comes on tap at my local. 1
Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 04/01/15 10:43 PM Posted 04/01/15 10:43 PM I put approx 10% of E85 ontop of P98 and seems to be running fine with my 100 tune
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/15 10:45 PM Posted 04/01/15 10:45 PM You shouldn't do that. That's less ethanol than 10%.If you want to mix 98 Octane (no ethanol content) and 107 blend E85, the correct ratio is 11.75% E85 to 88.25% 98.This ratio will get you almost exactly 90% 98 and 10% Ethanol (which is the ratio of the United P100). 1
Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 05/01/15 01:06 AM Posted 05/01/15 01:06 AM So im only 1.75% off, close enough to be on the safer side
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/01/15 01:31 AM Posted 05/01/15 01:31 AM You shouldn't do that. That's less ethanol than 10%.If you want to mix 98 Octane (no ethanol content) and 107 blend E85, the correct ratio is 11.75% E85 to 88.25% 98.This ratio will get you almost exactly 90% 98 and 10% Ethanol (which is the ratio of the United P100).I think you forgot to carry the 1? 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/01/15 01:43 AM Posted 05/01/15 01:43 AM ?For example:Say we are filling 100 Litres (for simplicity's sake). Goal is then 10L of Ethanol and 90L of 98.Take 11.75% of this total which is 11.75 Litres of E85 (107 blend).This amount ends up being 15% of 98 octane and 85% Ethanol. (standard mix of E85 107 blend).15% of 11.75 is 1.7625 L - this is the amount of litres for 98 octane here.85% of 11.75 is 9.9875 L - this is the ethanol of litres of Ethanol here.88.25% of 100L is 88.25L of 98 Octane.Add this 88.25L to the previous 1.7625 Litres of 98 octane making up 90.0125 L of 98.In total this is 90.01L of 98 and 9.99L of Ethanol.So... this is ALMOST exactly 90% 98 to 10% of Ethanol which is the mix that United used to make it's P100.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/01/15 01:48 AM Posted 05/01/15 01:48 AM I was stirring mate. Your math is sound. I have an excel sheet I'll upload later on calculates stoich, ethanol content and Ron for blends
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/01/15 01:56 AM Posted 05/01/15 01:56 AM Sneaky farker!I found RON much more difficult to accurately calculate.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/01/15 01:59 AM Posted 05/01/15 01:59 AM *indicative total Ron figure. I found a calculator online and pinched the formula from it.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/01/15 02:08 AM Posted 05/01/15 02:08 AM haha, yeah, we probably found the same one...I didn't trust it so I didn't incorporate it... then spent a while researching RON and hte methods used to achieve the values and decided against even trying to calculate it... it practically needs to be done chemically, not mathematically.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now