Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 17/09/15 01:13 AM Posted 17/09/15 01:13 AM no such thing as coincidence imo. Had a fraud dealership fry a twin plate AP clutch.100 + ks rod testing , instant fuel 60+ and rubber under the guards. All for a routine service.I got a bill for $5.5k and that's when the fight started 1
norrs Legacy Donating Member 448 Member For: 19y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 17/09/15 01:25 AM Posted 17/09/15 01:25 AM Yeah but you had evidence I don't. Anyway I can't see how they could have stuffed it unless somehow the turbo didn't get oil after or during the oil change. Seems odd.
norrs Legacy Donating Member 448 Member For: 19y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 17/09/15 01:32 AM Posted 17/09/15 01:32 AM (edited) Anyway we are hijacking this thread. I have a thread on the turbo over here http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91156-Turbo-Might-Be-Stuffed%21' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91156-Turbo-Might-Be-Stuffed%21 Edited 17/09/15 01:32 AM by norrs
norrs Legacy Donating Member 448 Member For: 19y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 06/11/15 07:27 AM Posted 06/11/15 07:27 AM So I went back to ford for the Aircon. I've had two century ultra high performance batteries in the last two years and last week I got an pc925. Still hasn't fixed the issue. It's worse if anything. So the idea at ford was to drive my car in, flash it back to stock, get them to do the optional software update to lower the voltage cutout for the Aircon. Anyway ford agreed over the phone but when I got in there and spoke to the boss he said there was no such thing as an optional update that did that. They plugged their computer in and said there was nothing to update. I found this odd as it is a 2010 fg that has had a custom tune for 4 years. Anyway he checked the Aircon and said that there were not faults. And that the PCM was telling the compressor to kick in but the compressor wasn't. But still not fault. I told him that it would only kick in if I would go WOT Down The road. Anyway they gave up and tried to blame my tune, even though I've had three tunes from three workshops with all the same problem. So as a last resort I'm considering taking the car to an auto electrician to Hotwire the Aircon so I can turn it on manually. The guy from ford agreed that this might be my only option!
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/11/15 08:15 AM Posted 06/11/15 08:15 AM The guy from ford sounds like a dick with no idea. Also nt weather doesn't help.
rokkie Member 87 Member For: 14y 10d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide, SA Posted 07/11/15 12:55 PM Posted 07/11/15 12:55 PM Just throwing out there but the evaporator sensor was a common problem. Ford was probably talking about the a/c disable stradgey calibration. There was a tech talk about it.Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
norrs Legacy Donating Member 448 Member For: 19y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 09/11/15 09:54 PM Posted 09/11/15 09:54 PM Just throwing out there but the evaporator sensor was a common problem. Ford was probably talking about the a/c disable stradgey calibration. There was a tech talk about it.Sent from my SM-N910G using TapatalkMate I don't follow. Can you tell me a bit more about this? Where is it and what does it do? How do I fix it?
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 09/11/15 11:10 PM Posted 09/11/15 11:10 PM Norris, surely there is something that ford can do. Why not call ford directly and get them to help, cause the dealership is useless and has no idea what they are doing.That is why I stopped going to some dealerships in perth.I only go to one dealership and even then, I don't trust them.
norrs Legacy Donating Member 448 Member For: 19y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 14/12/15 08:44 AM Posted 14/12/15 08:44 AM Ok so my update is:Connected an led light to compressor. The light turns off when the aircon is off and on when it is on, so I have eliminated it being a bad coil in the compressor.What we also noticed is that my fans aren't on much at all. My mate thinks that may be part of the issue. Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the fans and aircon for an f6 2010. I have an aircon guy looking at it and he wants to know how they interact. He thinks the fan should be half speed without aircon and then full speed when compressor engaged. Mine don't seem to be on much. They also used to run for a minute or so after the car stopped now they don't.
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/12/15 10:29 AM Posted 14/12/15 10:29 AM Is the compressor just a heap of sh*t? Maybe they're running a better one on the newer models. My ba had freezing aircon. Fg sh*t aircon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now