Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Too heavy needs boost
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 1m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Yes it appears so is that a problem. It's was apparently $98 of oil

$98 bucks. What did they put in. Give you six and charge you for ten. Rip off. Can you service it yourself.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

Yes I can but I have an aircon problem that they were to diagnose. And we'll, they didn't

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOR Perth
Posted

1) confirm whether the job card actually said 5W 30....I've had it (and seen it before) where the invoice is wrong, but their job card has correct info. If they did, ask them why and tell them to f*ck off and put the right oil in :P (pretty sure hotter would need higher second number I.e. should have put 15W 50 if the heat was a factor? manual should say 15W 40)

2) 444CCA battery is not "ultra high performance"....if Ford sold you both at the same CCA, they are dodgy dealership and I would change (unless you have warranty or something?). Mines 460 CCA and that's a cheapie battery....you need around 600 CCA (I think the ones I looked at were 660)

But yeh sucky about the AC not working....could always try another AC specialist if theres one in Darwin? (you'd think there would be heaps cause always hot) lol they may charge less than Ford for 'diagnostic' work....

I have aftermarket warranty....but purposely mainly use them for the scheduled servicing only. When sh*t breaks, I try and outsource to other businesses who specialise in the issue (cause Ford often outsources their work when they have NFI).

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

Well they did the oil change yesterday and I could hear an odd noise when I drove away from the dealership. Comes on when I hit throttle. Anyway sounds worse today I just got home and the turbo is f*cked! I can only just turn it with my fingers and it makes a grinding noise. I had no noise after shut down prior to this WTF!!!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOR Perth
Posted

Legit? You have an earls turbo line filter yeh?

No good dude...sounds like turbos about to poo itself :(

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

Yep just checked earls and it was not blocked!!

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Fark...think they flogged it cold and shut it down hot?

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

I have a car cam, I'll check

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

Checked it and it appears to have been disconnected but them. Anyway, I'm certainly not going to blame ford without evidence. Just a coincidence I suppose.

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Bugger.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...