Tune Electronic Throttle To Make It More Responsive?

rollex

• Member For: 9y 10m 20d

That is because I'm not talking about engine torque, I'm talking about throttle responsiveness, you couldn't compare a 900cc car to either of the engines I mentioned torque wise, but it still has better pedal feel/response.

A 4L turbo is going to have more down low than any other motor out there, it is about as good as you can get, most 2L turbos are a pile of sh*t down low compared to it.

Edited by rollex

• Member For: 12y 2m 19d

I vaguely remember speaking to Simon @ Nizpro about this before I had mine modded. They're def not linear. I'm sure he makes them linear or as close to it with tuning. My car had way too many mods done at once to be able to say that was the improvement I noticed in light throttle position. Maybe speak to a tuner to get the tables they use.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 25d

Ofcourse it does ratter, but I don't think that's what he is asking

4eba2abu.jpg

That is the ETC Throttle Angle vs. Pedal position table.

so the column on the left shows the Pedal Position as a percentage 0-100 and the column on the right is the Throttle Blade angle with 80* being fully open

ja8ajumy.jpg

This is the same table shown as a 2D graph, definitely room for improved throttle blade reaction

• Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 25d

Like I said before, I played with it, at first I made big adjustments and as soon as I touched the throttle it would go into limp mode, so I decreased it from there until it was drivable, definitely noticed a difference!... But every now and then it would trigger the limp mode, (I can't remember the code, p1270 or something)

So I returned it to stock, plus I didn't like the idea of mucking around with it hearing of people's throttles getting stuck open and phantom throttles etc.

The calibrations for the coyotes have the ability to adjust the threshold for setting the code but it's not in the T6's... I'm sure it could be added

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

It may amaze lots of people but ford did actually calibrate a very decent degree/ramp amount

Fg is better than b series iirc

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 10m 20d

From what I've heard the GM ECUs have much much worse throttle maps, ford apparently has gotten it pretty good, though you can see it absolutely is not linear like a cable throttle which explains my poor pedal feel.

Thanks for the info peppy it is exactly what I was after, I'll see if we can tweak it slightly.

I'm sure if I had access to the tools to debug the asm that runs in the PCM it would take no less than a week to adjust the threshold in which it triggers the fault code, though as you said this is there for a very good reason, to shut the car down if the servo fails and gets stuck open etc so the risks are high if you get it wrong.

So obvious question. What stops the throttle body being matched to the foot position?

Ford obviously did it this way to smooth out the throttle for the mum and dad drivers who barely rev the car, probably also improves fuel economy. Remember we are that 1% of buyers who actually care about this stuff, they have to cater to the masses.

Edited by rollex