Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 06/10/14 10:06 PM Posted 06/10/14 10:06 PM Once you're in the twisties and getting a bit of heat into the tyres the manual mode comes into play nicely
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 06/10/14 11:18 PM Posted 06/10/14 11:18 PM The only time I drive the wife's auto is when I got to tow a trailer or I've got the family on board.LOL if I start "getting into it" in the twisties it's gonna be a spew fest which is probably why I don't bother shifting man!I'm just sh!t stirring about the auto thang! 1
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 19d Gender: Male Posted 07/10/14 12:05 AM Posted 07/10/14 12:05 AM I just feel in performance mode once you take over it should all be about what you want, as in down and up shifting.Would be safer to stay in a gear rather then kicking back and snapping something, hence why I wondered if it could be tuned out. For me I don't have a worry in the world. Th400 = fully manualized lol
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/10/14 12:06 AM Posted 07/10/14 12:06 AM 3rd to 2nd kick back at WOT:- 3
RynoF6 Idiot Member Legacy Donating Member 446 Member For: 16y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Muswellbrook, NSW Posted 07/10/14 09:51 AM Posted 07/10/14 09:51 AM ^^^ lol. 5mins after getting 450rwkw this happened to me. 1
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 07/10/14 10:15 AM Posted 07/10/14 10:15 AM I must have a special one, 476rwkws, 200 passes and stock shaft still going strong !!! 1
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/10/14 10:50 AM Posted 07/10/14 10:50 AM You only drive in Man mode George.Drive around in D for a month and see how long it lasts!
Rydeit Member 327 Member For: 14y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide S.A Posted 07/10/14 01:16 PM Author Posted 07/10/14 01:16 PM Even just normal off boost cruising in D is bad??
xr6tForMe Legacy Donating Member 317 Member For: 13y 3m Gender: Male Posted 07/10/14 09:51 PM Posted 07/10/14 09:51 PM (edited) I wonder how much difference light weight wheels/tyres would make to the forces on the input shaft?Traction would be one contributor to forces in the drive train, but getting the wheels to change speed also takes power. Edited 07/10/14 09:56 PM by xr6tForMe
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 07/10/14 10:50 PM Posted 07/10/14 10:50 PM You only drive in Man mode George.Drive around in D for a month and see how long it lasts!Can drive it in D for as long as you want, as long as you avoid the down shift you should be ok.Even in Man mode the trans can kickdown to a lower gear.I just feed the power in and avoid the kickdown.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now