daviey New Member 3 Member For: 12y 18d Posted 17/09/14 10:54 PM Posted 17/09/14 10:54 PM Hey guys first post so go easy on me recently (last Tuesday ) I bought my first xr6t and my first auto after all my mates convinced me to get one. I took it to st george tyres and put nt05 semis on it hoping to crack a low 12. Now my problem is when ever I launched weither it be in trip tonic or performance d right after I take my brakes off from stalling it up it changes instantly into second. All my mates were shocked to see it do that. I still managed to get a 12.5 but with a sh*t 60 ft of 2.053. I managed to find the original plates that was on it and rung autotech up and asked what's been done they told me it has 1000cc injectors a tune and a gearbox sump and a gearbox tune. But they can't tell me the power figure.My question is has anyone ever seen the gearbox change to second even in trip tonic mode? 1
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 17/09/14 11:08 PM Posted 17/09/14 11:08 PM nope, normally will bounce off limiter
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 27d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 17/09/14 11:54 PM Posted 17/09/14 11:54 PM I once drank to much gin and trip tonic... Air hostess fcking hated me!
daviey New Member 3 Member For: 12y 18d Posted 18/09/14 12:00 AM Author Posted 18/09/14 12:00 AM Haha yea auto correct and didn't proof read my post. I'll have to give it another go next week and if it still does it then I'll take it some were to be looked at. Does anyone rate autotech aa that's where the car was serviced and tuned
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 18/09/14 01:15 AM Posted 18/09/14 01:15 AM Autotech is one of the better Sydney shops.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 18/09/14 02:49 AM Posted 18/09/14 02:49 AM Yeah auto tech have a good rep One of the top three
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 18/09/14 06:10 AM Posted 18/09/14 06:10 AM Manual modeAll dayErrydayoh wait...it still changes to second even in tiptronic mode? That sounds very odd. As posted, mine will hit limiter all day long in manual mode...stock ZF tune.
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 5d Posted 18/09/14 06:16 AM Posted 18/09/14 06:16 AM traction control turned off ??
daviey New Member 3 Member For: 12y 18d Posted 18/09/14 06:46 AM Author Posted 18/09/14 06:46 AM Yea traction turned off and manual mode or performance mode as soon as I take my foot off the brake it changes to second. I had a go this morning just stalling it up without going far and it stayed in first. Might have been a heat thing either way I'll have to wait till I get back there to properly check it out
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now