Jeremy Member 112 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth mindaz Posted 10/08/14 12:26 AM Posted 10/08/14 12:26 AM I'm about to get a e85 tune put in my car and currently running PW stage 2 kit.. It's a fgf6 with the upgraded f6 turbo.. Just wondering what I'm gonna run out of first.. Turbo puff or cooler flow?The car has 400rwkw now, hoping for 440-450rwkw on e85.. Will the stage 2 cooler get there or will The turbo run out of puff first?And does a stage 3 PW cooler core fit up to a stage 2 piping kit?The predigamet I'm in is its $2400 for e85. If I can't get decent numbers above 400, I'll have to do the turbo, intercooler aswell.. Which means +$6k and then I guess the box will go which will be another $3.5k.. So don't want to start the e85 upgrade if it's gonna cost me ~$9k for 50-80rwkwCheers all
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 10/08/14 12:40 AM Posted 10/08/14 12:40 AM All depends on what you want with the power ? Racer or Dyno queen ?Stage 2 should do the job.howeverJust my opinion but anything over 350 for a daily is overkill.All you are burning is money and will still get smoked if you cant get traction 1
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 10/08/14 12:59 AM Posted 10/08/14 12:59 AM stage 3 has different pipeswe have just finished a group buy on P/west coolers, the stage 3 had a saving of approx. $300 when you consider the freight and it also includes the throttle body elbow.Although the group buy is over, the link is still up and will be taken down tomorrow and the final order placed. 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 10/08/14 02:10 AM Posted 10/08/14 02:10 AM When you say upgraded f6 turbo do you mean you've gone a bigger f6 turbo or just have the standard one and it's an upgrade from the xr6?
Jeremy Member 112 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth mindaz Posted 10/08/14 02:50 AM Author Posted 10/08/14 02:50 AM My car is a fg f6 so I had the stock turbo upgraded.. Not sure on specs but it was maxed out for that turbo.. I'm trying to achieve a 10 sec pass.. Best I could do with 400rwkw was 11.5 but I snapped my tail shaft on the second run.. Since then I got a chromoly one so should be able to launch a little harder.. 440rwkw should get me a 10.9 pass. E85 seems to be the cheapest next step for that.. But like I said if it means I need turbo and intercooler upgrade.. It won't be so cheap..
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 10/08/14 03:02 AM Posted 10/08/14 03:02 AM I'm at 450 on e85 with the pw stage 2 with an upgraded 3540 and I have no heat issues whatsoever
Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 10/08/14 04:41 AM Posted 10/08/14 04:41 AM Go E85
Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 10/08/14 04:42 AM Posted 10/08/14 04:42 AM Sounds like you have traction problems allready only getting a 11.5 with 400rwkw
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 17d Gender: Male Posted 10/08/14 10:14 AM Posted 10/08/14 10:14 AM I'm trying to achieve a 10 sec pass.. Best I could do with 400rwkw was 11.5440rwkw should get me a 10.9 pass.400 should net you a 10 sec pass.Auto or manual?
demon1300 Member 435 Member For: 14y 7m 24d Gender: Male Posted 10/08/14 10:51 AM Posted 10/08/14 10:51 AM Yeah 11.5 @ 400rwkw doesn't sound right unless its manual. What mph? What's it like now on the street with 400?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now