Own An F6 But Got To Drive A Gt Tonight My Opinion

Cjafpv

• Member For: 9y 8m 2d

So guys I own a mildly modified fg f6 old school mate came past after work he has the gt 335 both zf autos we got to talking an the inevitable happened I took his car for a wrap and he took mine well we both got back and we both had the same reaction wow lol :). Being an f6 owner I was really really happy with the soundtrack of the gt and power delivery was a lot more linear (as expected) I'm still not totally decided on the bonnet bulge and the big spoiler but that all comes down to personal preference. Il be honest I love my f6 but the sound of the Gt I feel makes it worth owning based on that alone. He said my f6 is a great car and it's midrange torque is ridiculous he also says that he thinks the front of the f6 is more appealing with it's intercooler showing off behind the front bar. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think there both amazing cars for what they are and that I don't think one is better then the other I think there equally as good and both have specific strengths and weaknesses :) if only I could afford both ahah. I know this isn't a really indepth comparison but just wanted to share the experience. (Ps another strength of the gt is it's more forgiving on an unsuspecting driver power comes in smoother and back end wasn't as prone to flying sideways as in the f6 mind you sometimes that's a great bit of fun though ;)

• Like 5

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

That mirrors the difference I've noticed, GT is a lot easier to modulate the power as there's no lag. Sure, it doesn't have the same kick in the back the F6 does but by god does it keep pulling and pulling right up until redline!

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

nice write up mate. true cant go past the v8 roar, but I love the sound of a turbo 6 at high revs too.

theres hardly any lag on a barra turbo if tuned well as a result of the naturally (very) torquey square bore design.

Edited by Panda Eyes

• Member For: 9y 8m 2d

What a problem we have had to deal with, a turbo 6 or blown v8. Haha

I know hey real first world problems right there but it's funny this age old debate usually stems from cars that belong to rival brands where comparing a ford with a ford shows just how highly we rate them

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 25d

I love both

But gun to my head the coyote is a better engine.

The Barra is brilliant and I mean properly brilliant. It's better than the guy who brings steak for everyone to a vegan hosted BBQ.

The way a modified Barra knocks you on your arse is almost second to none. But the instantaneous kick of a tuned coyote, the screaming blower, the bass of the v8. You can't beat that

• Like 2

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

I have driven cars with both motors, but a FG XR6T and then a GS 5.0L Supercharged. Drove both the Turbo stock and with 400rwhp, and the Coyote Stock. The instant response of the V8 is Amazing down low, but the midrange really is lacking, the turbo is so much more effortless.

The Turbo has heaps of torque once moving everywhere it is simply a more efficient and effortless motor.

The low end is where the GS and GT are amazing, it's a Tough decision but my Vote goes to the V8 and I'd say it would have to be a Manual too where as I'd prefer Auto in the Turbo.

Edited by Z2TT