Own An F6 But Got To Drive A Gt Tonight My Opinion

Cjafpv

• 1 year later...
  • Banned
  • Member For: 8y 10m 2d

So I have a mate with an FG F6 and we were curious about how it compares with the 335 GT. We ended up taking one for a test drive the other day which was a 2013 manual. Now I was only a passenger so I can only comment what it felt like from that perspective. After taking it onto the motorway and a doing a 0-100, both my mate and I were quite underwhelmed. It pulled well off the line but at no point did I feel any sort of rush and excitement which I feel when I'm in his F6. Perhaps this is just because it's a V8 with linear power delivery? Now to be fair, we also had one of the guys from Ford sitting in the back seat, but would the extra weight really affect the acceleration that much? That aside, according to my mate the car felt heavy, transmission felt clunky, and it just didn't feel as refined as the F6 but having said that, he has the ZF auto. It would have been better if we were able to test an automatic version instead. Overall, the GT is still a nice car, but personally I wouldn't buy one instead of an F6 if I had the money, unless the auto was noticeably different. At the end of the day I much prefer my turbos.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

Big difference in smoothness between the manual and auto models. Auto is faster too. In reality, the GT and F6 aren't too disimilar in real world pace. But the F6 feels faster to the butt dyno as you get that sudden rush of torque as the turbo spools up. The GT is linear and makes the grunt from right down low. Big thing I noticed driving between the two was the way the GT would keep pulling and pulling hard right up until redline as it's still making more and more power, whereas the turbos (stock) start to run out of puff up top. Both great cars for different reasons. GT was nice as an everyday driver because of the instant response and throttle modulation. F6 would be more fun due to the lag and onslaught of boost.

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 10m 2d

Yeah I noticed off the line the GT was more responsive. I think a lot of it has to do with how your mind perceives the different feelings of acceleration between the two with their distinct methods of making power, as you mentioned. Hopefully one day I get a chance to drive one first hand and an auto at that.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 28d

Yeah, the sound of a V8 is addictive.

Although you dont get that turbo rush, throttle modulation is much smoother and more progressive in the gt.