Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 5m 22d
Posted

I got my car flash tuned with a high flow cat and injectors (unsure what size) it made good power on the dyno, but when I drove it it detonated, so I took it back they retuned it, but when I drove it again it detonated again. I took it back, they changed few things but the only way to stop it from detonating was to take the tune right down. Now it's not making the power it should and the tuner is unsure as to why

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Common issue

Change your tuner

End thread /

  • Like 5
  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 16d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: SA
Posted (edited)

If your tuner can't figure out why u need a new tuner

Snap jet ya sob in before me lol

Edited by Princess Fluffy
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Oh dear

woman got it in one

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

B series cat and injectors should see you at like 260-280rwkw I'd imagine? More for an FG.

Running good 98 I hope? Fuel system clean, pump working properly?

  • I <3 Floods
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South West QLD
Posted (edited)

Nizpro?

Didn't pay enough!

That's just me joking..

Look mate your tuner should have the resources to ask questions at a level above typical car forumites..

And there could be an array of things going on to do with the car.. For all anyone knows ford may have assembled your particular engine on a Friday afternoon at 4:55pm and left out a few bits..

Without knowing the full circumstance I myself would be hesitant to name/blame the tuner but jet and fluff are right its a very common problem.. Some tuners are 'reputable' and not in a good way..

There are a bunch of well known workshops in Melbourne.. Maybe you would be best served going to one for a second opinion?

Edited by Never had any say Panda

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...