jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Location: adelaide Posted 06/05/14 10:47 PM Posted 06/05/14 10:47 PM Hi guys got a bf 2 xr6t zf box. When it's cold and I'm driving at a steady pace, seams a little worse whilst going up slight hills. It flares. It will hover between 2000-2200 rpm. What could be the cause? Doesn't seam to happen once at operation temp
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 06/05/14 11:33 PM Posted 06/05/14 11:33 PM what oil is in it?
Breeze_xr Legacy Donating Member 168 Member For: 14y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 06/05/14 11:48 PM Posted 06/05/14 11:48 PM I have noticed mine doing it too especially now that it is getting colderOnly does it once then it's all good when it is warm I had my zf serviced 12 months ago with genuine zf fluid
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Posted 07/05/14 12:40 AM Posted 07/05/14 12:40 AM Same thing was happening with mine since I had the zf serviced with gulf western syntrans. Took it to a different shop to get looked at and it was down 500ml and the flare seems to have gone away. Its only been a few days so giving it a few more cold mornings before I jump to conclusions but for me I think it was incorrect oil level which cause it to flare
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 07/05/14 01:04 AM Posted 07/05/14 01:04 AM Incorrect oil level is the first thing to check.Let us know how you go as a few guys have had issues when changing to Gulf Western, others however have not.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Location: adelaide Posted 07/05/14 02:07 AM Author Posted 07/05/14 02:07 AM Hi guys cheers for the reply. As far as I know it's still the original oil. I've only had the car 6 months. Seeing as I can't check the level can I just go to a trans shop and ask them to suss it?
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/05/14 02:23 AM Posted 07/05/14 02:23 AM mine does it in 4th when cold. has Gw oil
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/05/14 02:58 AM Posted 07/05/14 02:58 AM Mine doesn't has GW oil. Get your levels checked people's. As I've posted before mine was doing it with the factory LG6 fluid. Level was down aprox 500ml due to a leaking mechatronics plug seal. Topped it up with 500ml of GW and the flare stopped.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Location: adelaide Posted 07/05/14 06:55 AM Author Posted 07/05/14 06:55 AM Cheers guys. Noob question but how do they check it? Computer?
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 2m 28d Gender: Male Posted 07/05/14 09:07 AM Posted 07/05/14 09:07 AM I had the same(ish) problem. I have Penrite in mine, flared a bit, still does a little but generally the shifting is better with fresh oil. I know the flaring is an issue, but I'm not smoking the tyres till I get the temp is up any way. Generally it's worse at about 55 in 5th (I manually set it), if I leave it in 4th til its warm its fine
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now