Mago Member 7 Member For: 14y 3m 22d Posted 18/02/14 08:01 PM Author Posted 18/02/14 08:01 PM The very first engine the car had got a 3inch staino, intercooler, 42lb injectors, CAI, tune and 18psi. It blew up then I replaced the engine, wasn't able to boost (sounded like traction control) then the 2nd engine blew up about 500ks after I put it in so now it's time to build one.
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/02/14 08:25 PM Posted 18/02/14 08:25 PM Fuel system go to sh*t or something 2nd time? 1
Mago Member 7 Member For: 14y 3m 22d Posted 19/02/14 04:08 AM Author Posted 19/02/14 04:08 AM No idea mate, although I did notice the fuel pump started making different noises instead of a long continuous hum. I'm. Not sure what one is in it either I will have to have a look. I don't think it is stock as it has got a surge tank bolted up in there
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 19/02/14 05:27 AM Posted 19/02/14 05:27 AM Two blown engines, sounds expensive :(Don't let bad fuel delivery (or whatever the issue is) nuke the built one!
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 19/02/14 05:28 AM Posted 19/02/14 05:28 AM Yea you should probably sort any other issues otherwise you might have a 3rd (built) engine go bang. 1
Spyathe Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 12y 11m 8d Gender: Male Posted 19/02/14 06:27 AM Posted 19/02/14 06:27 AM Sounds like the fuel pump died...Motor went lean lean lean bang
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/02/14 09:57 AM Posted 24/02/14 09:57 AM How's it coming along?
matsfgxr6turbo Member 388 Member For: 16y 8m 2d Posted 24/02/14 12:19 PM Posted 24/02/14 12:19 PM maybe you should get someone who knows about cars to look at it before you blow engine number three just sayin lol
Mago Member 7 Member For: 14y 3m 22d Posted 03/04/14 06:00 PM Author Posted 03/04/14 06:00 PM Well unfortunately that plan fell through but a 6 speed conversion is underway as I managed to swap the BTR. I have been reading about the BA and bf engines and looks like I will have to settle with an LPG engine and decompress it. What would be the best one to use? Late 06 bf as they are pretty much the f6 bottom end or are all the LPG engines including the BA just as good?400rwkw is my aim and pretty safe. Won't be driven hard every day.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 04/04/14 06:24 AM Posted 04/04/14 06:24 AM 18 psi and 42lb injectors? Ping tune? 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now