Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

What do you guys reckon it would cost to build one on commission?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

The upside to getting it all working is the ability to write a complete image, so once someone has one running 100% it's a simple case of writing it to a suitable SD card and boom...done

Easy as...Pi

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

If you're talking about the entire carputer then it depends on how you want it setup and what you want, GPS, built in FM tuner, use hubs etc, but that's the easy part, tapping into the fords satnav plug is pisseasy, getting the cga converter setup was slightly fiddly getting the colours just right. It's just time consuming really

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

GPS, music and movies, usb and android for running torque and I'd be set. Would just use the normal radio. I'd pay a few hunge installed ;)

I like this sort of solution though, fully upgradable as tech changes, unlike inbuilt tech that will age so quickly. Also be way ahead of what car makers build into their entertainment systems.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Bluetooth hands free isn't supported as of yet, I think you can still stream music though, as for the obdii app I haven't seen anything that works

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Might attempt this one day. It looks do-able. Raspberry Pi is quite a powerful/useful bit of kit.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

It really is, once you wrap your head around the fact that it is so far from windows it's not funny, it may have a "desktop environment" but that's as far as it goes.

Me personally, if there was another platform that was as cheap and did everything that I needed I would throw the pi in the bin, or use it as a media server. I'm quite savvy when it comes to computers but trying to code with Linux can go EAD IMO

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Posted

Bluetooth hands free on the pi has been setup. I haven't done it personally but it looks to be a PITA.

Once you get your head around terminal and all that its easy

  • Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide, SA
Posted

Where did you get your screen overlay from? I'm going to give this a crack. I have the pi 2 b+, cga converter and other bits on the way. Saw a YouTube video showing ps 1, n64 and Nintendo emulation on the pi 2. Will be awesome waiting for the mrs now

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...