FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 2d Gender: Male Posted 07/02/14 10:51 PM Posted 07/02/14 10:51 PM +1 for a battery. Was surprised to see the CCA's on my old f6's battery was actually lower than I expected
fgspool Member 5 Member For: 14y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 09/02/14 12:39 PM Posted 09/02/14 12:39 PM I've had a spark booster fitted for about 4 weeks now. I found that the engine runs much smother I was told to remove the factory plugs and fit a vgroved plug better spark. With the power there's more power down low and up top. I found no more lag and no engine surge I was told I don't need the fuel booster because I have a herrod fuel pump fitted if you would like ask me more question I will be at afd this week in the f6 owners area just ask for Dave or just ask me on here . 1
fgspool Member 5 Member For: 14y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 09/02/14 12:45 PM Posted 09/02/14 12:45 PM as for the plug gap it's 1.1 no need to re gap plugs but the only thing spark have to be changed every 10,000 km not a big problem v groved plugs are cheap.
xr_velocity Legacy Donating Member 290 Member For: 19y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/04/17 10:28 PM Posted 17/04/17 10:28 PM I fitted one of these on the weekend as well, kept the coils and plugs but regapped them to 1.0-1.1mm. At idle I don't think I really notice any difference. But when it comes on boost you can feel the extra spark when the unti turns on. It is run off a hobbs switch which I think ups the coil voltage at 5psi. I can actually feel it up the voltage. There is definitely more urge in power delivery and the engine sounds different, better. Boost hits very hard now, whereas before I would sometimes get traction in first with traction control on now it just spins up the rears. I was skeptical but am converted for sure. I got my new but second hand for cheap so was a no brainer.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/04/17 10:55 PM Posted 17/04/17 10:55 PM No wonder it didn't feel "urgent" up top with a massive spark gap. Good job, though.
xr_velocity Legacy Donating Member 290 Member For: 19y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/04/17 11:07 PM Posted 17/04/17 11:07 PM Do you mean with a small spark gap? They were gapped to 0.7mm before installing the kit.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/04/17 11:15 PM Posted 17/04/17 11:15 PM haha right... when somebody says "regapped" they generally lessen the gap, rather than increase it.
xr_velocity Legacy Donating Member 290 Member For: 19y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/04/17 12:15 AM Posted 18/04/17 12:15 AM Yeah, opposite here.
grandpa_spec Member 52 Member For: 14y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Pakenham Posted 18/04/17 12:58 AM Posted 18/04/17 12:58 AM I will be fitting an msd fuel pump voltage booster in the coming weeks and new plugs and adjusting tune to suit, will post up results
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/04/17 01:01 AM Posted 18/04/17 01:01 AM They work no doubt. But I doubt you'll see much power gain. Better off boost/idle from the larger Gap is the best outcome I'd expect.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now