Jump to content

Final Drive Ratio's


Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 25d
Posted
CDM using these calculations could you figure out the power of my car using the numbers in my sig. I realise it wont be 100% accurate but it could be a good guide.

I have standard 17' wheels and tyres.

Geea. :thumbsup:

Sorry Geea I couldn't find a feature in the program that allowed this. You have mail btw... :)

Chris.

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 25d
Posted

Below is the program for everyone to play with. I remember reading about it on here ages ago then I d/l it and forgot all about it.....quite interesting...enjoy.

PS: I hope this works...

cartest.exe

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
Below is the program for everyone to play with. I remember reading about it on here ages ago then I d/l it and forgot all about it.....quite interesting...enjoy.

PS: I hope this works...

I have the program on my cpu but I cant seem to get it to run. It just comes up with a bunch of yes no questions in DOS. What should I do?

Geea. :crybaby:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 14d
Posted

Geea, after it finishes running, look for an application file in the same directory called "Ct" and click on that.

Enjoy! :glad:

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z. :spoton:

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Out of interest I thought I would run the numbers on Brians beast. I hope you don't mind Brian. These time are based on 400fwkw (approx 341rwk) and 825nm @ 3750 RPM (got this from another thread) running on 19X9.5" tyres at 35 profile (is this right?) and using the T56 gears.

0-100km/h in 4.29 secs

0-400m in 12.5 secs at 192km/h

Top speed 303km/h!

Well done! Sounds like a very nice ride you have there.

Chris

CDM,

Thanks. This is theory, as it'll probably never happen.

With the standard diff & T56 my theoretical maximum speed is around 310kph at 5800 revs. At that speed I this have around 650Nm of torque, so with a reasonable chance of pulling it.

341rwkw was an older state of tune (serveral mods ago), and I have 30 profile at the rear.

A 3.73 diff would bring top speed back to around 287kph in 6th.

I doubt I'd do 0-100 in 4.29 secs, as 2 gear changes are required, and I'm just getting into 3rd. I also have way too much wheelspin in 1st after 4000 revs. A good auto would most likely be quicker for 0-100. The real strength and flexibility of my car felt in 3rd & 4th gears. when on the move, rather than standing starts.... which is "real-world" driving for me and what I like ( .... as opposed to drag addicts like Geea)

0-400 I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Brian

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 22d
  • Location: riddells creek
Posted
fords new RTV is rumoured to be comming with 3.9:1 manual & 4.11:1 with an auto

looks like we will have to just wait & see

I have also heard a few rumours about XR-6Ts being fitted with detroit locker centres

regards

rod

try the territory with 3:9.1 rwd and 4:11.1 4wd and only available as a auto.. :w00t2:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

cdm> The CD for the BA has not been published by Ford as far as I am aware. This is interesting because the CD for the AU was down under 0.3 (I think 0.28) which was fantastic for a full size family sedan. I feel the CD for the BA is not as good or Ford would have published it ...

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 25d
Posted
cdm> The CD for the BA has not been published by Ford as far as I am aware. This is interesting because the CD for the AU was down under 0.3 (I think 0.28) which was fantastic for a full size family sedan. I feel the CD for the BA is not as good or Ford would have published it ...

Interesting... 0.28 is very good. Naturally if the Cd is lower than the 0.34 I guessed then the top speed figures I quoted will be a bit higher. This would help explain the APS P3 running to 307km/h too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...