Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Australia
Posted

Hey everyone I've been looking into getting my G6E Turbo to flutter and apparently its relatively easy too do.

Basically, you remove the blow-off valve, and block both the small vacuum hose and the large hose closest too the front of the car. Then put a small oil breather on the large pipe closest to the windscreen.

Seems simple enough. I was wondering if anyone else has done this or has heard of anyone doing the same thing? I've heard some people say it can be bad for the turbo and could cause some issues. Does anyone think doing this could cause any damage to the car?

Any feedback would be great, thanks guys!

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

It's a myth.

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

here we go again.... mate, check the search function, or go to the turbo workshop thread...

but yeah it makes the turbo spin backward off throttle.... and attracts stray cops to your location...

lol.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE suburbs, Vic
Posted

Makes turbo spin backwards.

Which is instantly bad? Or bad over time? Or a combination :P

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Turbo spins over 20,000rpm it DOESNT spin backwards, but "apparently" it's compressor surge! Built up air returning from the now closed throttle body and escaping back threw your turbo and out your intake!

Plenty run with no bov and big power no issues and plenty run with a bov no issues. It's a 50/50 subject. Good luck gettin a straight answer lol

  • Like 1
  • I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia
Posted

Thread needs more wizard hats

hehehe

  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 18d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: SA
Posted (edited)

here we go again.... mate, check the search function, or go to the turbo workshop thread...

but yeah it makes the turbo spin backward off throttle.... and attracts stray cops to your location...

lol.

Fhukn Scotty I'm pissing myself

Edit ... Don... Now I'm pissing myself and crying with laughter lol

Edited by Princess Fluffy
  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Early 20's and already has bladder problems

  • Like 1
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted (edited)
I put on my incontinence pad and wizard's hat
Edited by -SteveR-

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...