arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 11/08/13 10:32 AM Posted 11/08/13 10:32 AM (edited) Give the actuator to the the guys doing the turbo. They will set the length.Dont forget to take out the STD turbo oil filter.Should throw in a Walbro intank GS294 fuel pump. Edited 11/08/13 10:33 AM by arronm
shanoplata Member 19 Member For: 13y 3m 28d Posted 11/08/13 11:09 AM Author Posted 11/08/13 11:09 AM I will order the whole drop in tank setup with a walbro pump now that I read the how to fit pump thread on here, because it's a ute I will be drilling some of the spot welds to get to the tank and then re-riveting them. I can get the portingand larger flapper done by a place called Hyper gear for about 280-300 with postage including removong the exhaust housing, does that sound like a good idea or are there better places to get the turbo ported.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 11/08/13 11:17 AM Posted 11/08/13 11:17 AM The shape of the porting on the housing is critical. I dont know pricing or anything about that company you suggested. Others may be able to help.I only deal with Simon from XFT in Perth and Simon from Nizpro in Melbourne. These places are far from you, BUT, I can vouch for their work. DO IT ONCE, DO IT RIGHT. 1
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/08/13 11:21 PM Posted 11/08/13 11:21 PM Dont forget to take out the STD turbo oil filter.^^^^^^ this guy ^^^^^^^You remembered to do this bit? Or will remember?
shanoplata Member 19 Member For: 13y 3m 28d Posted 12/08/13 06:40 AM Author Posted 12/08/13 06:40 AM Got a qoute from Simon from NIZPRO today ao port turbo housing and fit new actuato(changeover)r, $780 excluding freight. I think I will try hyper gear as their prices are in my league at the moment. I'm sure NIZPRO are really good but I can't justify nearly $900 to port the turbo including freight.
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 12/08/13 07:09 AM Posted 12/08/13 07:09 AM You wouldn't like Simon @ XFT's prices then aha..I got an exchange rear housing from Rapidsystems for 350$ (Ported/larger flapper), had to pay an extra 150$ deposit for his housing, but I'll get it back once I send mine.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 12/08/13 07:20 AM Posted 12/08/13 07:20 AM Got a qoute from Simon from NIZPRO today ao port turbo housing and fit new actuato(changeover)r, $780 excluding freight. I think I will try hyper gear as their prices are in my league at the moment. I'm sure NIZPRO are really good but I can't justify nearly $900 to port the turbo including freight.As I said I am not sure about prices BUT if a port job is cheap but not done correctly, then its money wasted. Call Simon at XFT 92508266.I think he charges $850 with the turbo on the car, so should be a bit cheaper, seeing as yours is off.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now