Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 03/08/13 09:40 AM Author Posted 03/08/13 09:40 AM I'll be lucky to get 2 cameras for $5-600.I know what you're talking about my work has the worst cameras ive ever seen for a government building (hospital) Night falls and its not even worth looking at the screens.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/08/13 11:49 AM Posted 03/08/13 11:49 AM Soooooooooooooooooooooo why do you want CCTV?
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 5d Gender: Male Posted 03/08/13 12:53 PM Posted 03/08/13 12:53 PM (edited) So what is a good CCTV setup with a decent budget.I've been watching "crazy russian drivers" on you tube and see incar cameras are now giving brilliant picture quality during the day (dont know at night). I would have thought the same improvemnents in quality and cost with CCTV. Edited 03/08/13 12:54 PM by turbotrana
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 03/08/13 09:27 PM Author Posted 03/08/13 09:27 PM Need to protect my "natural" investments The car cams are becoming very popular now I think in the next year or 2 the price will come down and the footage will improve. I'll wait for now but have been looking at getting one. Well they're going in the kids cars that for sure.
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 13d Gender: Male Posted 03/08/13 10:11 PM Posted 03/08/13 10:11 PM JB hifi sell the Uniden incar for $70... Good bit of kit aswell
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 04/08/13 08:04 AM Author Posted 04/08/13 08:04 AM Well went shopping today to have a look around. Not much out there. A few store had the Uniden Guardian but wasn't what I was after. Last stop on my way home though I just stop and have a look and I walked away the a swann 8 channel 4 camera. RRP was$1000 I walked out paying $645. I've put in 2 cameras so far front door and back yard the rest will be done through the week. So far I like. Vision is pretty good and night vision also. I'm still yet to play around with it but so far so good. It may not be the top notch commercial CCTV but it alright. http://www.swann.com/s/products/view/?product=1399
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/08/13 08:22 AM Posted 05/08/13 08:22 AM are the cameras wired ?
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 05/08/13 09:15 AM Author Posted 05/08/13 09:15 AM Yes Freaky wired mate.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/08/13 09:36 AM Posted 05/08/13 09:36 AM is it hard to do or plug and play type of thing?
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 05/08/13 10:25 AM Author Posted 05/08/13 10:25 AM No not hard at all cables are well marked to tell you which end goes where, EG camera DVR. Just need to have you DVR central so you can get the cameras to what ever corners of the house you want it to go. I have front door, front yard, backyard and pool areas covered.I've put the DVR in our walk in and just used the same hole from our alarm system, run a HDMI cable through the wall into a TV to view the cameras. Next step is to run a Ethernet cable from the DVR to the router. Connect to the internet, get my IP address so I can watch it on my smart phone.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now