fgvic Member 27 Member For: 13y 8m 6d Posted 18/07/13 04:21 AM Posted 18/07/13 04:21 AM Hey guys, I wanted to get reverse sensors and/or camera for my fg ute. But when I called up about the camera, they said the only place that they can put it is in the number plate recess, where it won't get full view of the rear, only up to the middle where the towbar would be. And when I went to autobarn to see about sensors, they said they wouldn't be able to fit them as the sensors would get set off by the ground because of the angle and height of the bumper.So is there any other options?Cheers, Dan
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 9d Gender: Male Posted 18/07/13 04:24 AM Posted 18/07/13 04:24 AM Most rear cameras are wide angle. My boss got a camera that's mounted on his number plate and its visual is a mirror that clips over the factory mirror. Can see everything even at night
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 18/07/13 05:11 AM Posted 18/07/13 05:11 AM You cant reverse aids 7
fgvic Member 27 Member For: 13y 8m 6d Posted 18/07/13 05:22 AM Author Posted 18/07/13 05:22 AM Bubble boy - yeah that looks like the set up from autobarn with the clip on mirror, was it an fg? It was ASL who said that I would get a very restricted view. I wanted to go with them because it seemed like a much nicer finish, but not much point spending that money if I don't get a full viewHaha MODSBITCH looks like I'm screwed then
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 9d Gender: Male Posted 18/07/13 05:23 AM Posted 18/07/13 05:23 AM Lol mb.It's on a ranger and has a good view tbh
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 18/07/13 05:35 AM Posted 18/07/13 05:35 AM TOSSA charge 400 fitted iirc for sensors fitted.
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 21d Gender: Male Posted 18/07/13 06:20 AM Posted 18/07/13 06:20 AM You cant reverse aidsI thought the same..........lol
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/07/13 06:28 AM Posted 18/07/13 06:28 AM By a Skoda they come standard.
ScottE Inactive Members 1 Member For: 13y 2m 19d Posted 18/07/13 10:05 AM Posted 18/07/13 10:05 AM Pretty common is to buy the rear view mirror with the camera screen integrated.
musicmick Member 22 Member For: 14y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: North QLD Posted 18/07/13 11:14 AM Posted 18/07/13 11:14 AM I had a set of rear sensors fitted to my ute. They came with a small indicator screen mounted in the cab showing the actual distance away and the audible beeps. Works great and only cost $300 with sensors painted and fitted into the rear bumper.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now